Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add new recovery scenario to existing tests
Not Solved
Hi, is there a way to easily add a new Recovery Scenario to all existing tests? Other than opening each one and adding it? The recovery scenario is stored on ALM.

Thanks
Not Solved
Hi Autobot ,
I think you are asking AUT error handling. . If you want to handle errors in as given AUT then you can write some function call this function for each step .
=================example =====
Code:
function(object)
If object.Exist Then
   function = "pass"
Else
  Reporter.ReportEvent micFail,object  &" Not Found"
    function = "fail"
End if

But Exception handing cant be generic it should handle specific scenarios in specfic screen.

Let me know whether my answer cleared your doubts.

Thanks
Bharadwaj
Not Solved
Select the check box "Add scenario to default test settings" in the last step of recovery scenario wizard. This will make it available with every script that you open.
Not Solved
(08-15-2015, 11:42 PM)ravi.gajul Wrote: Select the check box "Add scenario to default test settings" in the last step of recovery scenario wizard. This will make it available with every script that you open.

Will this recovery scenario be available to other scripts on a different machine. I run my automation suite on 2 machines.

I am using ALM 11 to run scripts directly from each individual machine, instead of triggering them remotely.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to trigger a function/recovery scenario on clicking stop button anand01_05 0 1,080 01-03-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: anand01_05
  QC Test not found error or not executing remote tests zaira_p 5 9,405 08-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Last Post: mitsuy
  Error launching QTP tests from Quality Center SteveS 0 2,933 09-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Last Post: SteveS
  How to append values to the existing datatable in qtp during runtime Prashanth 1 10,403 05-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  QC/QTP Error Msg --> some tests are still running. You must stop them all before exit LauraShadle 0 2,636 02-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Last Post: LauraShadle