Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capegemini Telephonic Interview (my first interview)
Not Solved
Please go theough the file and let me know my mistakes and better and Proper ansers to the quesrions, it will be a great help

Attached Files
.doc   Questions asked in Capegemini_.doc (Size: 26.5 KB / Downloads: 472)
Not Solved
i want to know more about web table. In a web table some of the cell contains same cell data.how to find out how many cell contains that same data.
Not Solved
take a counter and fetch the value of the cells in datatable and compare against the desired value, increase the counter for every match.

Code:
col_count= Browser().Page().WebTable().ColumnCount(1)
  row_count=Browser().Page().WebTable().RowCount
'counter
cell_count = 0

For irow=2 to row_count
      For icol = 1 to col_count
          If  trim(Browser().Page().WebTable().GetCellData(irow,icol))= "data to be searched" Then
              cell_count = cell_count+1
          End If
         Next
Next
msgbox cell_count
Not Solved
Firstly, Thank you for posting out the questions and answers in a very clear and concise manner. I am sure anyone attending an interview would reap benefits out of this.

I did wait for a couple of days before replying to this post, hoping to see if there was any different perception. Well, from the questions and the answers given by you, I see you are pretty much confident and clear of the subject. Almost all of the answers for the questions were correct. Although, things could be done a 1000 different ways, it is always the logic which is outstanding. I do not see any issue with that concerning you.

However, I believe the mention of pointers is misleading for the array question. I doubt if you could use pointers in vbscript. In my opinion it is best to stick to what you know then throwing things out of the bag.

It also depends on the interviewers perception. Most of them believe whatever logic they are following in their organization is correct. They are inbred with that solution and probably are looking for that piece of the puzzle only. Any deviation from that lead them towards the dissatisfied zone. There is no permanent remedy to this but it is better to hope we do not come across them. Nevertheless, the idea is always to be confident of what you know because you may miss a few but you will hit where it matters the most.

Did you get through the interview?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Thanks Basanth, for your reply. And regarding that array question, the way the interviewer was asking me to list out another approach, I just got confused and uttered pointer in a low and confused voice because even I never heard of/worked on pointers in vbs. Haha. And yes I got through the interview. Smile
Not Solved
Congratulations !! Actually, the large part of my post is nullified with your selection Smile Nevertheless, Good Luck on your job hunt. You should definitely get into a better place.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interview Questions praveen.sharma 4 5,487 08-23-2022, 02:07 PM
Last Post: ahmad3029
  Interview Questions supputuri 12 12,573 08-23-2022, 11:45 AM
Last Post: ahmad3029
  Interview question nandha 0 1,707 03-28-2018, 03:32 PM
Last Post: nandha
  Few Interview Question asked in various Companies.. shailesh.2.singh@bt.com 1 3,257 08-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Last Post: mallika199317@gmail.com
  Interview Question raghavaqtp 1 3,516 12-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Last Post: supputuri