Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capture tooltip text through bitmap checkpoint
Not Solved
Hi guys, I have a problem with the application I am working with. The object in question is a custommade javaobject similar to an javaedit that I want to catch the tooltip text from, and the developer of the object is not available. Its a part of a collector. My plan is to use a bitmap checkpoint after placing the cursor over the object and get a bitmap checkpoint to get the text.

The problem is that if I want to record a bitmap checkpoint i need to move the cursor = the tooltip is removed... i have tried to do it on a window level by clicking it while the tooltip is displaying but that didnt work either, it didnt capture the text, only the * sign next to the tooltip (indicating that the data in the editfield is bad). tooltiptext property does not contain any value.

Any ideas, thoughts regarding this? Thanks! I am sure there must be an easy solution for this?

Best regards,

Nicklas
Not Solved
I'm in the same boat on this. I have a java object with tooltip and would like to capture a bitmap to display in the results.
I have the captured 'text' from the mouseover with the following code, but I need an image now.
Can anyone help?

Code:
Window("Windows Internet Explorer").RunAnalog "Track3"
CustomerServiceMouseover = Window("nativeclass:=tooltips_class32").GetROProperty("text")
If CustomerServiceMouseover = "Click here to access Customer Service screen" Then
    Reporter.ReportEvent micPass, "Customer Service Mouseover text", "The text in the mouseover matches what was expected", "tempsnapshot.png"
Else
    Reporter.ReportEvent micFail, "Customer Service Mouseover text", "The text in the mouseove did not match what was expected or mouseover wasn't present", "tempsnapshot.png"
End If

btw. I have tried to capture bitmap of Window("Windows Internet Exploer"), but this captures the page without the mouseover.
Not Solved
Hi,

Try the below code:

Code:
Browser("a").Page("b").WebElement("c").Object.title

C-> your tool tip
Regards,
Sankalp
Not Solved
I'm already capturing the text. I need an image of the tooltip.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  text checkpoint properties error alp 0 1,046 11-24-2017, 04:36 PM
Last Post: alp
  Need to Validate Text filed is blank after clicking on the Text box balak89 3 4,528 09-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  bitmap checkpoint ch_rk2004 0 1,538 07-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ch_rk2004
  Capture Value through Text Checkpoint and compare with datatable value hamzaz 2 4,433 03-06-2014, 12:52 AM
Last Post: mallika.g
  I am trying to extract text from a webelement but it is generating blank text scenari excellentpawan 2 4,275 08-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan