Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a folder from within a reusable action.
Not Solved
Hi.

I have the following problem: I have an action that creates a folder in windows, using this line:

Code:
Window("vol0cifs").WinObject("ShellView").WinMenu("ContextMenu").Select "New;Folder"

It works fine when i run this action.
But when i'm calling to this action from the main body of the test, i'm getting the following error:

Object not visible
Line (26):
Code:
"Window("vol0cifs").WinObject("ShellView").WinMenu("ContextMenu").Select "New;Folder"".

Anyone has any idea how to solve this?
Not Solved
try this:

Code:
CreateFolderDemo()

Function CreateFolderDemo
   Dim fso, f
   Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
   Set f = fso.CreateFolder("c:\New Folder")  ' here put the path and name
   CreateFolderDemo = f.Path
End Function
Not Solved
What I understand is you are trying to create a folder from a application context menu.
And it runs fine when you execute the Action alone, but when you integrate it it fails and says object not found.

If I am true, then try to insert Synchorization time and then activate the app again, because when the app is moving from one action to other it looses the focus and needs few miliseconds to perform the next

Let me know if it works

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help in creating dynamic object string using Childobjects Keshub Mathur 0 1,495 09-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Keshub Mathur
  HAVING PROBLEM IN CREATING OBJECT OF TEST BATCH RUNNER mayankchauhan 0 3,312 04-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Last Post: mayankchauhan
  Adding a Visual ID - creating a function jcraig26 0 2,433 11-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Last Post: jcraig26
  Creating an array from an specific field in the recordset Arena 0 2,362 04-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Arena
  about descriptiove programming and creating objects babukaturi 1 2,079 04-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Last Post: sshukla12