Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DP -How to identify dynmaic objects
Not Solved
Hi All

Please can you tell me how we can identify the dynamic objects.

Here is my specific problem..

We have an front end application where users (users are Link object class and single click on them takes us to their customized page) are displayed in a tree sturcture and they keep changing depending on the data created on backend application.

We are passing the user data through GlobalSheet/Excelsheet during execution (so that we do not need change our scripts as data changes) and trying to click on a user. But it is not working.(Error -Object not found in Object repositry). I do not want to use Object repositry in this case... data keep changing so frequently.. that maintaining the Oobject repositry does not seem a good option to us.

Below is the sample code.

Code:
userdata=DataTable("ParamName",dtGlobalSheet)
Browser("title:=X").Page("title:=X").Frame("Name:=Y").Link("Name:=userdata").Click

Can you guys please tell me what is going wrong here or suggest other way out for this situation.

Thanks
Vikas
Not Solved
Hi vikas,
For dynamic objects you can pass the parameter by appending it to the property name with &

try the below code
Code:
userdata=DataTable("ParamName",dtGlobalSheet)
Browser("title:=X").Page("title:=X").Frame("Name:=Y").Link("Name:="&userdata).Click

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP 11.5 doesn't identify swf objects arpan 2 2,684 01-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Last Post: arpan
  Using XPATH and DP to identify objects on a webpage jeasy02 0 3,016 10-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Last Post: jeasy02
  Not Able to Identify TreeView Objects kavithatib 3 3,470 01-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Saket