Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Execute the QTp scripts when i lock my computer
Solved: 7 Years, 8 Months ago
i want to run my QTP scripts when i lock my computer and is it a way to run the scripts if i minimize my application and QTP
Hi,
You can run the qtp scripts even when it is locked by going to Regedit.

Command prompt, Run Regedit

In Regedit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Select Software - > Mercury Interactive - > QTP - > Mictest - > Select the value for Skip Environment Checks as 1 by double clicking on it and entering the value as 1.
Let me know if it works.
hi,
I have tried this stuff but it didnt worked.Is there any method where I can execute the scripts when my system is locked.

Thanks
Omkar
Hi Omkar,

I Would like to bring to your notice that QTP may not replay consistantly on a locked machine.

Quick Test Professional 9.5:
When running Quick Test on a remote machine using a Remote Desktop Connection session (RDC) or using Citrix, if the remote session is minimized during the run session, or if the computer on which the application is being tested is logged off or locked, the following problems may occur:

• The test or component run session may fail
• steps that contain keyboard or focus operations may fail
• The Test Results still image capture and/or the Screen Recorder may display a black screen steps for which the device level replay is configured to use the mouse (instead of browser events) to run mouse operations may fail. (You set the device level replay using a Setting.WebPackage ("ReplayType") statement or by setting the Replay type option in the Advanced Web Options dialog box.)

Workaround: If you are using Citrix or a Remote Desktop Connection session to run a test or component, do not minimize the session window, and make sure that the computer on which the application is being tested is not logged off or locked.

Quick Test Professional 9.2:
When attempting to run a test from MDRV/Quality Center on a computer with an incompatible execution environment (such as a locked computer), Quick Test Professional 9.2 will not run the test and displays one of the following error messages:

The Quick Test Professional computer is locked or logged off.
Quick Test Professional was launched without permission to interact with the desktop.
The following registry key which enables you to run tests on a remote computer, even on an incompatible execution environment:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\Quick Test Professional\MicTest\SkipEnvironmentChecks

Set the registry key to 1 to prevent the remote execution checks, and 0 to perform the checks.

Important note:
Note that tests may fail when run on a computer with incompatible execution environment. For more information, refer to the Non-version specific information section below.

Quick Test Professional 9.1:
When attempting to run a test from MDRV/Quality Center on a computer with an incompatible execution environment (such as a locked computer), Quick Test Professional 9.1 will not run the test and displays one of the following error messages:

-> The Quick Test Professional computer is locked or logged off.
-> Quick Test Professional was launched without permission to interact with the desktop.
Private patch QTP91P1602 (Add registry key to prevent remote execution environment checks) addresses this problem. This patch adds the following registry key which enables you to run tests on a remote computer, even on an incompatible execution environment:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\Quick Test Professional\MicTest\SkipEnvironmentChecks

Set the registry key to 1 to prevent the remote execution checks, and 0 to perform the checks.

Important note:
Tests may fail when run on a computer with incompatible execution environment.

Finally I would rather suggest you to have a isolated-secured Test lab for scheduled script Execution thereby preventing the PC Locks.Smile
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions not to lock computer while QTP script is running. I faced the same problem, I did the RegEdit settings but still it didnt work when the compuer is locked, though I badly needed to run QTP on locked machine as I was planning to use task scheduler to launch QTP program while I am not at work. But looks like this is impossible. Please confirm.

Just wonder what is the RegEdit settings (skipEnvironmentCheck) for? I can use RDC to run QTP even without this setting as long as the remote window is active on the first computer.

Thanks,
Sujoy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to execute Remote Agent witout ALM? CharlieMadrid 0 1,057 05-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: CharlieMadrid
  How to avoid system lock while running Windows Based Application SaranKumarV 6 21,050 03-21-2018, 04:18 PM
Last Post: blr.moin@gmail.com
  capturing message on web page when caps lock is on helan 0 2,092 04-29-2015, 05:25 AM
Last Post: helan
  How to execute a UFT script when computer is in locked state akilamurugesh 4 12,546 08-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Last Post: akilamurugesh
  Need to execute the QTP Script where QTP is not installed. prasannadr 0 2,240 06-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Last Post: prasannadr