Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed to run the test due to an unknown error. Extensibility
Not Solved
Hi All,

We are automating an App created on Infragistic for which we have created custom controls and events in the form of dlls.
The entire setup was working fine on the system.

Today, I faced an issue where I am getting the error "Failed to run the test due to an unknown error." while executing any action on the objects using the dlls.
Objects like browser, page, links etc work fine without issues.

But for the obejcts using the custom control and events, we get this error.

We have started facing this issue on other machines too. The same dlls work on other machines and gives problem on specific machines.

We have tried doing the following but could not resove the issue.
1. Reinstallation of QTP
2. Reinstallation of Mercury.QTP.CustomServer,Mercury.QTP.Agent,Mercury.QTP.WpfAgent in GAC

Anybody faced this issue before? Please help if you have.
Not Solved
Hi,

Where have you stored your dlls??
How do you create the instance of it? can you provide more details?
Not Solved
Hi,
We have copied over the dlls in C drive and have put the configuration files in the Wpf extensibility folder of QTP in program files which points to the dlls placed in C drive.
Not Solved
Hi,
Is .net framework version same in all the machines?
Not Solved
Hi,

Even I am facing same problem. Can you please let me know if you get resolution of it.

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to send/pass UFT Run Error Dialog as output value to main driver script lravi4u 0 281 11-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: lravi4u
  Send automatic email notification when test run started helmzshelmz 0 896 04-03-2020, 07:54 AM
Last Post: helmzshelmz
  OpenNewTab stopped working on IE after unknown windows update M851533 0 968 07-19-2018, 08:36 AM
Last Post: M851533
  How to identify an error page occurring in server in between the qtp run. aswini 1 1,629 05-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Test runned from QualityCenter generated an error "Attempted to divide by zero." robertosalemi 1 2,329 10-14-2016, 08:38 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi