Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
How to click on a dynamic link on a website
Not Solved
Hi,

I was working on a project where I have to go to CNN.com and click on the first headline that appears everyday. Now the headline changes everyday. So all its properties also change daily (properties such as inner text, outer text, value). I tried using the constant properties such as html tag and micclass. But there are hundreds of links on the home page and I just need to click the very first link under headlines/latest news

How can I click on dynamic links?
Not Solved
Please show with the help of screenshot exactly which link you wish to click.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Hi Ankur,

Below is the screenshot of the application and highlighted is the dynamic link that I need to click. This link changes everyday.

[img]file:///C:/Users/Ranjanabh/Desktop/Image.jpg[/img]

Thanks

Hi Ankur,

Below is the screenshot of the application and highlighted is the dynamic link that I need to click. This link changes everyday.

[Image: lXiAAc2]

Thanks

You can try this link

[Image: lXiAAc2.jpg]
Not Solved
one way to use is visual relation identifier.
Add Webelement object "the latest" in relation object and above in relation details window.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Continue to this website (not recommended)." Error we are getting kotaramamohana 7 27,929 07-21-2016, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Ranjith Nair
  how to randomly Select any category link and randomly click on one of its options ? sharavan 0 2,806 11-18-2014, 12:24 AM
Last Post: sharavan
  Unable to click on moving text in a website Akhila 4 3,776 07-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Last Post: tanyamrz
  Dynamic variable in link call rdix007 1 2,659 03-28-2013, 07:02 AM
Last Post: basanth27
Sad Not working if not hard coded (web link).click dlaureano 2 2,721 02-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Last Post: ravi.gajul