Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make QTP Script to work when system gets locked?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi,

I have automated one of the process which should run for more than 2 hrs.
But as per my company policy, system gets locked down after 10 min if there is no manual intervention.

Because of this policy, my script gets hanged after 10 min.

How to overcome this issue without changing this policy?

Regards,
Ramkumar
Hi,
Rules are meant to be broken. I can provide u an exe which will disable the lock for ur PC and scripts will run fine.If u need then let me know.

Regards,
Sankalp
[/quote]
@SShukla
Not the proper solution if your script is hacking in any company's security policy and you might be violating company's rules for doing that.
@Ramkumarad
Prepare a script, which will do the button click, like say you are pressing space bar or any number and loop it for every 10 minutes, this will ensure unlocking the computer.
Also Put this VB Script in your function file or framewor which will run parallely with your script.

This should resolve your issue.
@Tarik: If u are making ur script to press any button or spacebar or enter then I think it will effect the application in flow also and this approach is something that I had never seen in any framework.Not sure whether this is a correct soluntion.
@Ramkumarad: I 2 have same policy in my company but according to need policies can be modified also depending upon the nature of work.Go head and talk to ur manager regarding this.

Regards,
Sankalp
To block the screen saver and keep machine unlocked please see the below link. This is wiindows registry settings.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-v...windows-l/

normally hitting keys after some interval will not interfere entering data.

Hi,

I've got the same problem.
But I want to lock my screen, when the test is running an I'm leaving the office.
Fot this, I found the following issues:
https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Thread-E...y-computer
https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Thread-E...ed-machine

I tried it and it works until a dialog box in my test pops up.
With QTP 10 and FF 3.5. it was possible to fill this dialog box by locked screen.
Now I made an upgrade to FF 8.0. It is only possible to fill this dialog box, when my PC is unlocked.

Any idea?

Thank a lot
Bianca
(01-09-2012, 01:46 PM)sshukla12 Wrote: Hi,
Rules are meant to be broken. I can provide u an exe which will disable the lock for ur PC and scripts will run fine.If u need then let me know.

Regards,
Sankalp
[/quote]

Hi sshukla12

Please give the scripts for the same. I will be really thankful to you.

Thanks in Advance !!

Divv

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Local System Monitor kbhargava505 0 2,420 10-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Last Post: kbhargava505
  QTP system related issue Bharathi Kanagarajan 1 1,970 09-12-2015, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  Local script to make compatible with QC automation2012 1 2,148 01-28-2015, 02:11 PM
Last Post: automation2012
  QTP 11 not recognizing WPF objects in Windows 7 32 bit system Pallavi 1 3,296 06-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  "SAP automation using QTP" work from home kamal262007 0 2,636 01-15-2014, 01:22 AM
Last Post: kamal262007