Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to run multiple data files (.xls) using one QTP test script in HP ALM 11?
I have one QTP test script which can test different scenarios by using multiple data files (.xls). Now I'm going to use QC to run the test. I saved the QTP test script in Test Plan. Does anyone know how to manage the data files so that the same script can be run using multiple data files?
(04-19-2012, 08:13 PM)jsun01 Wrote: I have one QTP test script which can test different scenarios by using multiple data files (.xls). Now I'm going to use QC to run the test. I saved the QTP test script in Test Plan. Does anyone know how to manage the data files so that the same script can be run using multiple data files?

Hi,

To use multiple data files i think u have 2 approaches.
1) load your data files in different actions(local data sheet to different actions) and use data files corresponding to these actions where it is required.
2) Load different data tables when it is required.like use 1st data table after it is completed load different data sheet from QC and use it.

Regards,
Sankalp
(04-20-2012, 10:08 AM)sshukla12 Wrote:
(04-19-2012, 08:13 PM)jsun01 Wrote: I have one QTP test script which can test different scenarios by using multiple data files (.xls). Now I'm going to use QC to run the test. I saved the QTP test script in Test Plan. Does anyone know how to manage the data files so that the same script can be run using multiple data files?

Hi,

To use multiple data files i think u have 2 approaches.
1) load your data files in different actions(local data sheet to different actions) and use data files corresponding to these actions where it is required.
2) Load different data tables when it is required.like use 1st data table after it is completed load different data sheet from QC and use it.

Regards,
Sankalp

Hi,

Instead of having multiple data files use single .xls file with different worksheet in them(each worksheet containing data for each scenario). Load the file once with worksheet 1 execute the script and then loop the script for no. of worksheets u have and automatically loads the corresponding worksheet.

Let me know if this is helpful 2 u or not.

Regards,
Sankalp
You can use excel object and access the files.
[/quote]

Hi,

Instead of having multiple data files use single .xls file with different worksheet in them(each worksheet containing data for each scenario). Load the file once with worksheet 1 execute the script and then loop the script for no. of worksheets u have and automatically loads the corresponding worksheet.

Let me know if this is helpful 2 u or not.

Regards,
Sankalp
[/quote]

Hi Sankalp,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for my late reply. The problem was resolved by using one of the very nice features in QC - Test Configurations in Test Plan module.

Thanks,

Jenny

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Code to associate files of QTP chaithanya84 3 3,499 06-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Last Post: sshukla12