Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to "save" changes to checkpoints in the repository?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi!

I am not a complete beginner but sometimes I feel like it. Anyway, I have inherited someone else's test scripts and changes have been made to the GUI.

When I update my Test objects and my checkpoints everything works fine when running the tests.

If I exit the program and then start QTP to run the test again, all my changes are lost.

My changes included new src-information (= new filenames to images) and alt-tags.

Does anyone have an idea how I can "save" the changes I make to the repository? Any (and I mean any) help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

//Magnus
Jocal repositories are auto save in nature. It will automatically save the changes.

However, u can always save the repository to any location.

Open the Object repository, Goto File->Export to local; and enter the file name. Ur changes will be save in the repository file.

U can then associate the file and use it.

Regards,
Ankesh

Hi

Just to add to the above reply, Checkpoints are static and i'm afraid u can't update them unless manually typing in the changed property values by Opening Repository. Its better to add a checkpoint with same name either from active screen or while recording clicking F12.

Regarding to the changes being lost I am curious to know if you are not saving the Test before closing, because, even if you are using a Shared Repository when you update the Object with some changes, a new Local Object is saved which over-rides the Shared Object. You can always delete the Local Object to start using your Old shared object again.

Hope this helps

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why not Checkpoints subhashinid 0 1,464 06-30-2016, 07:36 PM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Query about checkpoints pkdhake 5 3,442 07-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Text checkpoints don't work for Chrome (and sometimes FireFox) applening56 0 1,868 06-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Last Post: applening56
  how to save values in object repository krupa 1 2,733 11-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  QTP 10's Object Repository Checkpoints and Output Objects question Tonya S 2 4,877 09-09-2011, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Tonya S