Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview Questions
Not Solved
1) What is the difference between "While... Wend" loop and "Do While...Loop" ?
2) Write a recursive function to get the pictorial of a number?
3) If the objects hierarchy is changing from build to build, then how you will handle that condition?
4) There are around 5000 objects in my OR and I wanted to make changes to the Logical names of the objects, and how Can I update the Library file with more than 3000 lines of code for all the objects?
5) I have developed and executed a script successfully, and saved the same to QC. When I tried to execute the script from QC, the script is not executing. What are the possible reasons?
6) Have you ever merged two shared OR's? If Yes, then what kind of conflicts will be there while merging two ORs'?
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved
6) Have you ever merged two shared OR's? If Yes, then what kind of conflicts will be there while merging two ORs'?
Ans :- There will be three types of conflicts
1. Similar description conflicts
2. Same name different description conflicts
3. Same description different name conflicts
Not Solved
Answer to 1st Question :-

Do...Loop statement - loops while or until a condition is true
'While...Wend' loop which supported a 'While' condition in its head only and didn't provide a command to exit the loop
Not Solved
The question is regarding "Do While .... loop" and "While ... wend" but not do and while loops.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved
1. Do..While..loop vs While...Wend -

the first one is a multi-conditional while statement and the second one is a single condition statement.

2. Write a recursive function to get the pictorial of a number?
There cannot be a pictorial of a number it should be factorial. This is a simple C program from 1st semester of engineering and you can even pick this up from Yashwanth kanethkar, Let us C.

3) If the objects hierarchy is changing from build to build, then how you will handle that condition? Descriptive programming.

4) There are around 5000 objects in my OR and I wanted to make changes to the Logical names of the objects, and how Can I update the Library file with more than 3000 lines of code for all the objects?
QTP has a option under the run setting which when checked will update the test script accordingly.

5) I have developed and executed a script successfully, and saved the same to QC. When I tried to execute the script from QC, the script is not executing. What are the possible reasons?
Depends on the error being encountered. Ask the interviewer what error he has encountered.

Easier to say if you merge them urself. Take one tsr file then make a copy of the same. edit objects in the one and keep the other one constant. when you merge you should see the differences accordingly.

Helps?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved

QTP has a option under the run setting which when checked will update the test script accordingly.

---could you please give detailed step for this point.
Not Solved

A) 1. Check ALM/QC connection in QTP.
2. Delete Temp files.
Not Solved
Please give the detailed explain of below question?

There are around 5000 objects in my OR and I wanted to make changes to the Logical names of the objects, and how Can I update the Library file with more than 3000 lines of code for all the objects?
Not Solved
2) Write a recursive function to get the pictorial of a number?
(Assuming you meant FACTORIAL)

Dim n 'Number whose factorial you are finding
Dim i ' Loopcounter
Dim Fact 'For Storing Factorial Output
n = 5
Fact = 1

For i = n To 1 Step -1
Fact = Fact * i
Next

MsgBox Fact
Not Solved
If you're looking for Selenium Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced & Freshers, you are at right place. There are lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research Selenium has a market share of about 27.7%. So, You still have opportunities to move ahead in your career in Selenium. 

Q)What is Selenium?

Selenium is one of the most powerful open source automation tool for web application testing (even we can say acceptance testing for the web application) which lets you automate operations like — type, click, the selection from a drop down etc of a web page. Primarily developed in Java Script and browser technologies such as DHTML and Frames and hence supports all the major browsers on all the platforms.

Q) Who developed Selenium Tool and Why?

Jason Huggins and team developed this tool in 2004 when they were working for Thought work (IT outsourcing company). They created this tool for the testing of an internal time & expenses application written in (python).

Q) How is Selenium different from commercial browser automation tools?

Selenium is a library which is available in a gamut of languages i.e. java, C#, python, ruby, php etc while most commercial tools are limited in their capabilities of being able to use just one language. More over many of those tools have their own proprietary language which is of little use outside the domain of those tools. Most commercial tools focus on record and replay while Selenium emphasis on using Selenium IDE (Selenium record and replay) tool only to get acquainted with Selenium working and then move on to more mature Selenium libraries like Remote control (Selenium 1.0) and Web Driver (Selenium 2.o).

Though most commercial tools have built in capabilities of test reporting, error recovery mechanisms and Selenium does not provide any such features by default. But given the rich set of languages available with Selenium, it very easy to emulate such features.

Q) What are the set of tools available with Selenium?

Selenium has four set of tools — Selenium IDE, Selenium 1.0 (Selenium RC), Selenium 2.0 (WebDriver) and Selenium Grid. Selenium Core is another tool but since it is available as part of Selenium IDE as well as Selenium 1.o, it is not used in isolation.

Related Page: How To Setup Selenium Grid Using WebDriver

Q) Which Selenium Tool should I use?

It entirely boils down to where you stand today in terms of using Selenium. If you are entirely new to Selenium then you should begin with Selenium IDE to learn Selenium location strategies and then move to Selenium 2 as it is the most stable Selenium library and future of Selenium. Use Selenium Grid when you want to distribute your test across multiple devices. If you are already using Selenium 1.o than you should begin to migrate your test scripts to Selenium 2.0

Q) What is Selenium IDE?

Selenium IDE is a Firefox plug-in which is (by and large)used to record and replay test is Firefox browser. Selenium IDE can be used only with Firefox browser.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interview Questions praveen.sharma 4 5,473 08-23-2022, 02:07 PM
Last Post: ahmad3029
  Interview question nandha 0 1,701 03-28-2018, 03:32 PM
Last Post: nandha
  Few Interview Question asked in various Companies.. shailesh.2.singh@bt.com 1 3,249 08-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Last Post: mallika199317@gmail.com
  Interview Question raghavaqtp 1 3,509 12-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Interview Questions-2 supputuri 3 8,733 06-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Last Post: kotaramamohana