Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue in winbutton.click while executing qtp scripts on a locked machine
Not Solved
Hi All,

I need to run a qtp script on a locked remote machine. I have a winbutton which I am not able to click when the machine is locked.
For eg ->
Code:
Browser("").Dialog("").WinButton("Open").Click

This works fine when the machine is unlocked. But when I execute on a locked machine, the results show that the winbutton was clicked, but it is actually not clicked. Also I have a winedit object in the same dialog, which is working fine when I set some value to it.

Any help appreciated !
Not Solved
Try going to

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest

Set the value for SkipEnvironmentChecks by double clicking on it and entering the value as 1

See if this works for you.

Ideally, it is not advisable to run QTP scripts with machine locked, especially if your script contains interaction with window dialog boxes. When machine is locked, windows disables system messages and if QTP needs those messages it may affect your test run.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Thanks Ankur.

I have already done this setting due to which the qtp test is triggered on locked machine. Also web ojects are identified without any problem. The only issue is with the win objects. I wanted to know if theres any solution for them in particular.
Not Solved
HI,

I am planning to runt the scripts in my system , it will take approximately 12 hours to complete the execution.
So, what and all system setup and QTP 11 setups i need to do.

Thanks in Advance :-)
Not Solved
Just make sure,

1.Addins required for the test added on qtp.
2.Code base has handled all the unexpected application exceptions.
3. System does not get locked or restarted.
4. Let it have a free run and then post all the issues you encounter 12 hours later on learnqtpSmile
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VB Script access denied error when executing alm scripts in planned host Kumar Reshma 0 1,241 05-28-2018, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Kumar Reshma
  Running UFT scripts on a remote machine with no UFT installed on the Remote machine anupam4j 0 2,773 01-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Last Post: anupam4j
  QC Test not found error or not executing remote tests zaira_p 5 9,405 08-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Last Post: mitsuy
  How to execute a UFT script when computer is in locked state akilamurugesh 4 12,510 08-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Last Post: akilamurugesh
  Backup of QTP scripts and SOR from QC to Local machine. blazerrules 0 3,070 06-05-2014, 05:16 AM
Last Post: blazerrules