Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with Browser Name which has Pipe Symbol (|)
Not Solved
Hi,

QTP fails to recognize the object's parent(Browser) if the Browser name is like "Yahoo Site | Mail" (pipe symbol in Browser name). I am dynamically capturing Browser name and Page Title and executing the script.

Sample Script:
-------------
Code:
SignUpObjName = "test.gif"
BrowserName=Browser("micclass:=Browser").GetROProperty("name")
PageName=Browser("micclass:=Browser").Page("micclass:=Page").GetROProperty("title")
Browser("name:=" & BrowserName).Page("Title:="& PageName).Image( "file name:=" &SignUpObjName).Click

I got the following Run Error:

"Cannot find the "[Image]" Object's parent "[Browser]" (class Browser). VErify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application"

Note1: If we have Object Repository for same Browser (say "Yahoo Site | Mail") we didn't get any error and execution is successful.

Note2: Script works fine for other Browsers which don't have Pipe symbol in their name.

Please share your ideas on this.

Vijay
Not Solved
Pipe means OR in regular expression. So QTP is taking it as Yahoo site OR Mail. Escape pipe with backslash and it would work fine.
Code:
Ex: "Yahoo Site \| Mail"
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Thank you very much. Its working fine now.
Not Solved
Can you tell me how did you make this work...

it will be great if you can show the script to do this.

Thanks in advance
Not Solved
Hi UjwalaK,

The solution is there in Ankur's Post.
Regularise the text in your OR.

Not Solved
Hi UjwalaK
you can use the below coding for the same,

Code:
SignUpObjName = "117112.jpg"
BrowserName = Replace(Browser("micclass:=Browser").GetROProperty("name"),"|","\|")
PageName=Replace(Browser("micclass:=Browser").Page("micclass:=Page").GetROProperty("title"),"|","\|")
Browser("name:=" & BrowserName).Page("Title:="& PageName).Image( "file name:=" &SignUpObjName).Click

Thanks,
Srikanth
Not Solved
Hi ,

I was also trying the above code. On an application I was trying to click on a link " Home". I have used descriptive programming and efined it with enough properties.

Code:
BrowserName=Browser("micclass:=Browser").GetROProperty("name")
                PageName=Browser("micclass:=Browser").Page("micclass:=Page").GetROProperty("title")

Browser("name:=" &BrowserName).Page("Title:="&PageName).Link(Obj_home).Click
but last line doesnt work. It says Link object properties matches with some other objects. But I added all mandatory prop, but still no luck
Not Solved
Can anyone reply my query???
Not Solved
scenario is that, I have a home button. I need to click this buton on page1 first and page 2 second.

Now when I object spy on first page I see page title prop is diff.
same thig happens for page also.

Hence I used regular expression as I didnt wanted to add those objects in Object repository.

Code:
If Browser("name:=Mobile.*","Creationtime:=0").Page("tilte:=Mobile.*").Link(Obj_Mobiles).Exist(2)   then
        Browser("name:=Mobile.*","Creationtime:=0").Page("tilte:=Mobile.*").Link(Obj_Mobiles).Click

This also didnt work. Please note I have used descriptive programming for Obj_Mobiles
Not Solved
What was the error dispalyed ??

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad If/then Statement issues Carver2469 2 3,669 11-03-2015, 03:44 PM
Last Post: vinod123