Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last day testing ,build fails
Not Solved
Hi ,

I was asked this : today is the last day before the application goes live and there is a critical defect found in the application (build fails),and ur the only team member from testing and not even development team is there .wat will u do

I responded ill look which part of the code is causing the issue and try to handle it then ill ask someone from development team to handle it remotely.Then he said everybody is on leave.
the interviewer even said he faced that kind of situation practically in his company thats y asking.

How one should respond??
Not Solved
(05-20-2015, 03:35 PM)qtptester66523 Wrote: Hi ,

I was asked this : today is the last day before the application goes live and there is a critical defect found in the application (build fails),and ur the only team member from testing and not even development team is there .wat will u do

I responded ill look which part of the code is causing the issue and try to handle it then ill ask someone from development team to handle it remotely.Then he said everybody is on leave.
the interviewer even said he faced that kind of situation practically in his company thats y asking.

How one should respond??

First thing is this situation never come because when it is a go live day then all the teams must present on that day. OK if considering the interviewer situation. There could be some reasons as below other than failure of a tester
1. Could be the build not deployed properly 
2. could be migrated database issue
3. could be client environment not as per tested environment, it may be last minute decision of top management to accept the client environment
Event if interviewer ask for the solution then your answer is like this.
I will analyse the critical defect found and i will try to resolve the issue because i am the only person to take care of go live on that day. If I could able to find solution then only otherwise I will try to intimate client that some part of the application is have problem and deployment can be delay for another 12to 20 hrs with details of your RCA.
If this is not satisfy interviewer then finally you can say, While these are only options for me let me know if you have answer for this.

Wink
Narahari

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many scripts u create in a single day qtptester66523 3 4,022 06-08-2017, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Vichu M J
  On a typical day what will you do at work and how will you do testing simhadri.rupa 1 3,353 05-04-2017, 10:21 AM
Last Post: m.sria
  How many scripts do you prepare in a day? satishkumarm 4 4,894 05-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Last Post: deepaksporty
  int Q : What if 1 M test cases are given to automate in a day ramesh.tahiliani 8 6,632 12-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Last Post: phanindranath