Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link Object
Solved: 10 Years, 7 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi,
is it possible through Object Spy understand if a clicked link opens a new browser or changes only the page on the same browser?
I have a page full of many links (some open a new browser and the others open only a new page on the same browser) and i must click every link to see if the destination page exists...
with ChildObjects and a For-cycle I can click all links, but my idea was to capture the url of destination page or destination browser, to understand if they are reachable... but before i must know in which case i am...
Any idea? or also other approachs to solve this problem?

thanks for every suggestion
yes if you can capture target property. target="_top" means new page opens on the top of current page while target="_blank" means new page opens on a different page.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
thanks Ankur :-)
links with target property "_top" or "_blank" have the behaviour you have explained, but i have also links with target property not valorized... is it normal? About these links, some have a "_top" behaviour, other "_blank" behaviour...
(i use QTP_8.2)

[for example in "www.google.it" I see links with this not valorized property]

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Child Object Not able to identified in Web Menu Link noor 0 1,607 01-21-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: noor