Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to click play button on video player which is available in Application
Not Solved
Hi Friends,
I need to click Play button in Video player which is available in the application. When I tried to click the play button in the player by using QTP, its marking(capturing) whole Video player instead of 'Play' button. Could you please let us know whether QTP can click Play button in video player. I have attached screen shot. PFA
Please share your thoughts

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
So its an embedded object. In other words child of a child object. Would you mind pasting the code?
I suspect the play button itself not being able to be identified. If we cannot do it the conventional way then we can use co- ordinates based on factors of the player.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi Friend,
Yes you are correct, its Embeded object. Script is not generating for Recording also. So i can't paste any code aslo here. Otherwise can you give suggestion, how can i generate script for that.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Questions,

1. Is the player location a constant? I mean, would the location of the video player change on the webpage?

If answer for question 1 is no, then we can find the co-ordinates of the play button and then click on it.

If the answer for question 1 is yes, then we may need to find the co-ordinate of the player and then possibly find the co-ordinate of the play button.

We can think ahead if you answer question 1.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi Basant,
When I tried to identify the Play button through QTP, Its highlighting whole Player window. Its not recognising play button alone. I am unable to get the Play button Co-Ordinates because its capturing whole Video Player window.
Not Solved
When you spy, what are the cor-odinates displayed for the webelement?

When we go through this laborious process of finding the coodrinates and click on the play button, we need enormous patience and several trial execution before we get it working.

Well, you havent yet answered the question i asked. ( question 1 )
Basanth
Not Solved
Hi Basant,
X-Co ordiante is not changing but Y-Co ordinate is changing.
Not Solved
Well, let me re-phrase my question. Does the player on the screen change its location everytime you open the webpage?
Basanth
Not Solved
Hi Basant,
The location is not changing whenever we come to that page. Here is the co ordiates 850,481.
I have used the following code to click the Play button. It executed successfully with warning but its not clicking.
Not Solved
Which code have you used? Is it possible for you to obtain the co-ordinates of the play button? you can google to find some freeware tool which will give you the exact x and y co-ordinates of the button. Once done you can use various methods to click. One of the method is called,
DeviceReplay. you can research more on this.More details about the method is available on QTP help.
Basanth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how can i click a macro button in excel using vbscript arpan 1 3,588 10-03-2017, 06:27 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Not able to click the save button in Save As window while downloading from SAP kathirvelnagaraj 0 2,300 08-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Last Post: kathirvelnagaraj
  Could not able to click on 'Edit' Button in a Table kotaramamohana 3 3,342 09-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Last Post: krr
  Webedit is null While click on a button branjitk 1 2,100 06-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  How to Download a Excel File, while click on Button in qtp 10.0 branjitk 4 4,591 06-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: branjitk