Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Recognizing objects on Web Page Dialog.
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi Community,
I am trying to record operations on objects displayed on a web page dialog.
But QTP doesnt recognize objects(like links, webedits etc.) on this page.
This prompted to see if view source option was enabled for that page and it was not.
Could that be the reason that QTP cannot identify objects on this page?

It seems like some people resolved these issues by running batch files that register QTP dll's and components in the windows registry. But i ran all the four batch files in the bin directory to no avail.

Code:
RegCommonExtAssemblies.bat
RegVerFormAssemblies.bat
SapInstLic.bat
Bpt4ErpCrmRegAssemblies.bat

I cannot find any QuicktestProfessional.bat file in the bin folder. Should i have it?

Thanks Very Much.
If you are on QTP 9.5 or higher, you will not find the 'QuicktestProfessional.bat' file.
you can try the 'repair' option.
before that - Verify whether the Enable third party browser extensions is checked for your browser.
make sure you are not recording on already opened browser

Thanks for replying Saket.

I was able to resolve the problem by restarting QTP. And as mentioned in the problem i did run all those batch files before restart. So good for now. If i dont face this issue again then this probably is the solution to errors like these.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web page not loading for EBS application when open UFT satyagadam 1 1,618 09-18-2019, 02:30 AM
Last Post: satyagadam
  Facing a problem while identifying Angular JS objects in a web page vangasantosh 0 1,108 12-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Last Post: vangasantosh
  UFT not recognizing Java Objects/ Elements YogeshCallappa 0 3,127 11-08-2016, 02:44 PM
Last Post: YogeshCallappa
  UFT not recognizing windows object sbudhwa 0 2,543 10-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Last Post: sbudhwa
  UFT 12 not recognizing Java Swing objects uftuser18 0 3,145 07-22-2015, 01:58 AM
Last Post: uftuser18