Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not able to recognise browser
Solved: 10 Years, 7 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi, I am trying to script for a web application using DP. The web browser title has test environment version name along with the timestamp. When I record the actions, it records following properties of the browser: Name, title, ( both the properties have timestamp in them which refreshes everytime you navigate), openurl (which is url of the page). When I use these properties in DP, it throws error that browser cannot be found. I have used all available properties which QTP has recorded when I record the actions; I have also tried updating Base Filter properties to add 'openurl" property as base property. The same approach has worked well for other web apps in the suite. It is only this app that we are not able to automate for. Any sugeestions? Someone had suggested patch (QTPWEB_00037); which is not available on HP site anymore.
Solved: 10 Years, 7 Months, 3 Weeks ago
You can use regular expressions to ignore the timestamp part of the title and name. For example, if your browser title is "Project Title - September 7, 2010, 15:48:45 GMT" you can change the property to be a regular expression like, "Project Title - .*". There are several ways to "tighten" up that regular expression, but I won't go into detail. There are several good resources on regular expressions like: https://www.learnqtp.com/regular-express...gularized/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Webtable objects recognise as weblist in UFT 12.5 Sharad Kumar 0 1,035 12-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Sharad Kumar
  Cannot find the "[ WebEdit ]" object's parent "[ Browser ]" (class Browser). Verify t Divya Roopa 1 8,261 03-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Last Post: devarapallliramana
  QTP Not Able to recognise the object in window application. Sudipta Gusain 4 4,537 04-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Benak
  Having issues getting QTP 10 to recognise an IE frame via DP Critta 6 5,687 08-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Critta