Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object repository losing object properties
Not Solved
Hi,

I have multiple web objects added to my test. When i added them each object had multiple properties (name,outertext etc..) and a value for that property, today when i tried to run the script, it failed to recognize object. When i looked at the object properties in the OR, they were blank.

It is weird. When i added a property for a object (Say name for webedit) then all the property value reassigned to the object.

I face this issue frequently, any one else got this same issue or know the cause of issue ?

It looks like UFT is losing object property and when i help to add a or two property manually it gets them back.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
The values will be blank in the add properties window - if the object is not identified unique by QTP/UFT. You are adding the properties to for the object here in this window, if the object already identifying unique then only it will show the rest of the properties values in the Add Properties window. So I don't expect the values displayed in this window until the object is unique.
Hope I am clear.

Coming back to blank values in the OR (not in add properties window): Are you sure you have saved the changes with the updated properties? Are you loading the correct OR(updated OR if located in another path) ?
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved
I guess this is the major drawback of recording. The maintenance and space requirement are huge.
You can do one thing to see if this is not the system problem.
Generate script for your test->the script will be generated in zipped folder->place this folder on some another computer and monitor the behavior.

plz let us know , how much free space you had in drive:/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  object spy not recognizing object.. pleaseeeee help Sonia Sadeque 3 3,157 12-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ishan.mahajan@adp.com
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,850 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  verify that parent properties match object currently displayed in your application. sona 0 2,934 02-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Last Post: sona
  When trying to recognize the object in QTP, each object is recognized as “WinObject:S geetasarvadnya 2 3,458 10-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,964 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123