Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Output Values error
Not Solved
in qtp 12 i was doing practical on output values with the application of mercury flights.
in login error dilog box there is text "please enter agent name" i want to record error messages.
after recording in active screen when we right click on the "please enter agent name" and select 'insert output values' the particular text is not getting selected i am not able to see the properties of that title.instead whole dialog box gets selected.[/u]

please help me out as i cannot go further lessons of if else unless i get the properties of the text "please enter agent name"
Not Solved
Use text output value option to get the specific text. Still you are not getting the properties of the text try Standard Output Value an Click on the text so it automatically selects the text
Not Solved
I am facing the same problem.The text is not getting selected.I have tried the solution above.but i can't select text output value as it is unavailable and when i select standard output value it selects properties of flight reservation not the desired text.Please help me out
Not Solved
Hi,

Even with the steps specified by vinod123 i wasnt able to select the text.then after a long time playing with QTP that there should be some or the other way i discovered the following method:-
If you are not able to select the text directly from the screenshot
Following are the steps that I followed for selecting a particular text.This should work:-

1.Select the step in script whose o/p value want to record
2.click on active screen
3.R-click on error message
4.select insert output value
5.click on the object in object selection properties
6.rename if you want
7.select global sheet
8.before or after step select any one
9.An error msg column gets created in data table
10.type invalid name and password
11.click on run.
12.observe the error msg column.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to send/pass UFT Run Error Dialog as output value to main driver script lravi4u 0 306 11-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: lravi4u
  Error with QTP DataSheet Values. srach84 1 1,988 11-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Way to take values from datasheet and output Fairbanks 3 2,882 03-27-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Output value oracle form QAVA 2 3,538 11-30-2012, 03:09 AM
Last Post: QAVA
  Output to DataTable bgold01 2 2,976 05-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Last Post: bgold01