Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pages and Frames adding _1, _2, _3...
Not Solved
So I am doing much of my scripting manually as opposed to Record and Playback.  I am testing a website created with a third party app and the objects are not quite as straightforward as other sites I have tested.  I use Object Spy a lot and then go in an rename my objects and turn off Smart ID and this seems to work well with this site.

As I navigate through the objects in this web app, I am doing multiple runs to try my code. and if I see a new object I need to learn, I will use Object Spy.

My Browser always has the same name but I find that my Page (for example Browser("MyBrowser").Page("MyPage") ). NOTE MyBrowser and MyPage are not my real browser and page names.  

As I am going along, MyPage will have Frames such as Browser("MyBrowser").Page("MyPage").Frame("Frame") but next time I use Object Spy the next object will be in Browser("MyBrowser").Page("MyPage_1"), Browser("MyBrowser").Page("MyPage_2"), etc. and sometimes it will even show up as Browser("MyBrowser").Page("MyPage").Frame("Frame_1") or Browser("MyBrowser").Page("MyPage_3").Frame("Frame_1")

Is this a setting I have turned on?  Why is it doing this?  It doesn't seem to affect the run until I load and run another script and come back to this previous script and run it and the object is not found.

I am sure I have a checkbox in the settings causing this.  Can anyone tell me what it is?

Thank you,
Zune
Not Solved
Hi Zune

Try changing the Page/Frame Options appropriately from the below.

Page/Frame options is available at Tools --> Options --> GUI testing. Under GUI Testing, Web --> Page/Frame options.

Hope this helps Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frames Auto-Incrementing In The Repository zunebuggy 0 1,069 11-15-2017, 10:18 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  Adding negative amount in webedit Rose 1 1,982 06-30-2016, 09:34 PM
Last Post: babu123
  Adding data into rows that add dynamically with setcelldata azar81 4 5,600 04-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Last Post: vidya2k2
  adding webtable to dictonaryobject prabu211989 2 2,375 01-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Parke
  I want to compare string present on two pages excellentpawan 3 3,226 07-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Last Post: ssvali