Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perform some functions whenever QTP Stop button is pressed
Not Solved
Hi,

I want to perform some process kill operations whenever user click the Stop button in QTP. How can i achieve that?

User may want to stop the script execution at any point of time by clicking the Stop button. On Stopping i have to perform a function call before exiting.

Thanks
Not Solved
smartkarthi -
I dont think any tool has a programmatic compatibility for a manual intervention. The stop button is to hard stop your execution immediately. When the interrupt is received, the application knows to just stop from whatever its current state is.

Your action to perform something on manual click of stop button is a contradiction to the functionality of the stop button.

What is possible is, you may build a form on which you can give a stop button whose click should programmatically stop QTP. Then you can call any function you want once the stop has been clicked.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Thanks for the information Basanth !!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shy 5 Save button QTP Qtpnew 1 2,208 09-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Same command needs to be performed twice to actually perform it pistaa 2 2,622 04-25-2014, 01:26 PM
Last Post: pistaa
  QTP not clicking on Yes button in the IE pop up dialog adityasrinivasb 2 9,312 09-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Last Post: prashantrawat101@gmail.com
  Run Button is not available in QTP 11 - while running tests from QC 11 Kannan R 0 1,756 08-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Kannan R
  exit parent functions as well Shridevi.Salagare 3 3,584 07-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Ankur