Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pop up button and menu
Not Solved
I am trying to save a file from a BI Publisher window. I'm able to do it manually without any problems but once I get QTP to do the same thing I get a pop-up button displayed just below the Publisher with text below.

"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. Click here for options…"

I set IE Security options to the ff but none helped:
1) disable Automatic prompting for file downloads
2) enable File download
3) Allow scripting of browser control
4) Added current web address to the Trusted sites
5) Allow pop-ups

I then placed a check in qtp code to look out for pop-up button and follow instructions to download the file as follows but qtp can't find the "Download File" button. It gets displayed after the right click but disappears right after before the step to click it.

How do I make the small dialog persistent long enough so qtp will see it or is there another IE setting to prevent pop-up?

Code:
Browser("Oracle BI Publisher").WinButton("To help protect your security,").Click 676,10,micRightBtn
Browser("Oracle BI Publisher").WinMenu("ContextMenu").Select "Download File..."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not getting error pop up when replaying through batch amit25007 0 1,292 02-14-2017, 04:01 PM
Last Post: amit25007
  How to write DP for a pop up window which appears only during execution and changes anushreebehura 1 3,636 06-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Handling pop-up message linhke 8 7,338 07-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Last Post: sasmitakumari
  POP versus OOP paradigm in DP jp@QTP 0 1,898 06-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Last Post: jp@QTP