Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem Firing events on Flex components
Not Solved
Hi,

I need to automate over a Flex application (swf), and I have several problems related on firing events on several objects.

For example, in the appliction, there are two combos: "country" and "city". The first combo is enabled, and the second is disabled. When I manually select a value for "country", the second combo "city" gets enabled.

When I automate in UFT 12.0, I identify and select value for the first combo "country":
Code:
.FlexComboBox("...").Select "Spain"

The combo set the value "Spain" but doesn't fire the event that enables the second combo "city".

This problem occurs in other components (for example, FlexCalendar, FlexButton, ...)

I have looked for this, but I can't get a solution. I cannot use FireEvent method because this method is not supported for these components. Also I tried to use Setting.WebPackage("ReplayType"), but also it cannot solve this.

Please if someone knows how to resolve this problem, I'll be gratefull.

Regards.

I forgot to say I also tried a "tip" based on simulate with keyboard, with up arrow and down arrow so I get the method fired and the second combo "city" gets enabled:

Code:
'First I select the value
.FlexComboBox("...").Select "Spain"

'Now I set focus on the first combo
.FlexComboBox("...").Click

'Now I achive firing the event and enable the second combo simulating up arrow and down arrow
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.SendKeys "{DOWN}"
WshShell.SendKeys "{UP}"

And it works in some cases, but I think this method is a botched job, and not always works.

Regards.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KeyBoard Events ravi.gajul 4 15,686 07-19-2017, 08:49 PM
Last Post: sathish_win@outlook.com
  Business Components Parameterization YogeshCallappa 0 1,494 06-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Last Post: YogeshCallappa
  QTP 11 is unable to recognize prime faces components ,for ex: List and radio butt pradeep singh 8 6,659 02-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Last Post: pradeep singh
  Using Conditional Statement on O/P Parameter b/w QC BPT Components Ankesh 3 5,016 05-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Shridevi.Salagare
  QTP not detecting object types with business components mnybon 1 2,904 07-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Last Post: mnybon