Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with connectivity between QTP and HP Quality Center
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago Big Grin 
Hi,

I am receiving an error message when I attempt to connect/run a QTP script remotely using HP Quality Center.

- Our company is switching from Windows XP/IE7 to Windows7/IE8.
- I was able to successfully connect/run a QTP script remotely using HP Quality Center when we had XP/IE7.

I am not sure what the error message is trying to tell me. Is this something to do with Windows 7 or IE 8?? Perhaps it is a security issue blocking the connectivity?? Has anyone ecountered this behavior before??

Below are the specifics of my problem.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!!
Mike

Error Message:
Unable to connect the testing tool to the requested Quality Center server.
Error from QuickTest Professional: Connection is not available.

Steps:
1) From my Primary Device I open Quality Center and run the QTP script remotely
2) The error message pops up when Quality Center is attempting to connect to QTP

Information
Primary Device: Windows XP/IE7
Remote Device: Window 7/IE8
QTP 10.0 installed on remote device
Quality Center 10.0 on both devices
I am an Administrator on both devices
QTP is set up to Allow other HP products to run tests and components
Both Quality Centers have the HP Quality Center Connectivity add-in and the QTP 10.0 add-in
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago Cool 
Cool Hi,

The issue is due to user doesn't have write permission to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Mercury Interactive\Quality Center".

When we try to connect QTP 11 to ALM 11, QTP updates its connection settings and downloads connectivity components/wrapper files. So, perform following steps before executing tests directly from ALM/QC:
1. Log in to the PC with a user that has admin rights.
2. Right click the QTP icon and choose run as administrator
3. Once QTP starts, connect it to the ALM/QC using the QC connection icon.

The connectivity components/Wrapperfiles should download and install. It should also display message "Updating ALM/QC connection" or similar message.

Hope it'll solve your problem.Wink as it solved mine.

======
Raj

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error launching QTP tests from Quality Center SteveS 0 2,937 09-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Last Post: SteveS
  QTP API to connect to Performance Center(ALM) as_srini 3 5,504 06-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Test Result Path when I run TestSet from Quality Center Ashish Parmar 3 4,168 02-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Last Post: basanth27
  Any function lo save parameters and values in a txt file, in quality center frebuffi 0 2,103 10-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Last Post: frebuffi
  "Reply error" randomly appears in Quality Center while running QTP scripts from there alhifizik 0 3,353 07-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Last Post: alhifizik