Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QC Test not found error or not executing remote tests
Not Solved
Hello all,

I have QTP 10.0 and QC 9.2. Yesterday I configured all computers with the following:

- QC Addin
- QC Connectivity
- Activated the flag Allow other HP products
- Checked DCOM settings
- I have a user with administrator privilegies
- Remote agent is active.

Anyway, yesterday all my computers where executing remote tests from QC without any problems. Today I have tried to execute new scripts but I have and endless waiting status on QC. After openning the log I can see the error is "Test not Found".

Network connection is working because I can execute QTP scripts saved on QC server. I have restarted all computers (except QC server, I am not the sys admin).

Is it a problem with QC? When I am triying to execute remote tests (or even locally), remote agent is not even starting QTP or doing anything.

Any help, thanks....
Not Solved
Are the old tests being able to be executed from QC ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Yes they did. I think it was a problem with the QC, I just deleted the test set and created a new one and it worked again.
I found out that other test sets where working except for the one I was using, maybe was an error in the test set.

My tests are again running from QC.

Thanks,
Not Solved
This is a intresting Case. What do you think could have gone wrong when you were creating the test set which has caused the error ?

I am curious to know because Execution from QC is through the Scheduler and before it begins the Scheduler Caches all the tests and then ignites the execution.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
We have had a similar problem and found that our repository on disk was being corrupted. HP thinks it was caused by incorrect privileges having been set for the user QTP runs under. The user that runs the "HP Quality Center" service (should be "Administrator" - singular, not plural) should have "Full Control" privilege to the entire HP directory uynder "Program Files".

All tests in QTP are identified by a number. The test name is actually only for the convenience of humans. The tests on the QC server (for QC 10.0) are stored under "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Quality Center Starter Edition\QCStarter\repository\qc\Default\<product-name>\tests". Every test is actually a folder with a number like "1234" in this "tests" directory. If you open the "1234" folder you should see some "Action<x>" directories - one for each action defined in your test. You should also see a .usr file, default.cfg, default.xls, parameters.mtr, and test.tsp. If any of all of these files are missing or have zero size, QTP won't be able to open the test. You could possible have more than one .usr file, but the .usr file named after the folder must have a non-zero size. Any other .usr files in that folder i would expect to have a size of 0.

To find out what the number associated with your test is, go into QC, select your test under "Test Plan". The "Details" tab in the right pane in your QC window will show "Test ID:". This is the number that QTP knows it by. That's the folder name you need to look in in your "test" directory on your QC server.

To see how your privs are set for Administrator on a folder in the HP directory, right-click on that directory, select Properties, then click on the "Security" tab. Select user "Administrator" and it should show that user having "Full Control" privilege to that folder.
Not Solved
Hello, I've got the same problem.
I think my issue started when running the test set from QC/ALM and the same test set was called from Jenkins HpToolsLauncher at the same time.

Old Test Sets connect to UFT/QTP and run OK, but new Test Sets shows "Waiting..." (endless) and when opening the logs say "Test not found"

Does anybody know a fix?

I'd really appreciate your help.
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to execute Remote Agent witout ALM? CharlieMadrid 0 1,034 05-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: CharlieMadrid
  VB Script access denied error when executing alm scripts in planned host Kumar Reshma 0 1,223 05-28-2018, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Kumar Reshma
  Add new recovery scenario to existing tests Autobot 3 3,596 03-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Last Post: workrohit08
  Running UFT scripts on a remote machine with no UFT installed on the Remote machine anupam4j 0 2,766 01-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Last Post: anupam4j
  Failed to create Astra Quick Test remote agent. Pritesh 0 2,513 07-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Pritesh