Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Automation Feasibility
Not Solved
Hi All,

I am currently working on QTP tool in a single member project.
I have an web application to be automated but it involves to much complexity not in terms of identifying the objects in the application but with the validation points in the manual test cases. I feel that manually executing the test cases will give better results than automating the application which involves lot of efforts.
In my team(functional team) no one has idea about automation, its limitations and complexity involved in designing test scripts.I am finding it difficult to convince them them that the validation points in the test cases are not feasible for automation.
Please suggect me how to overcome this situation.

Thanks & Regards,
Achuth Rao
Not Solved
I have encountered cases otherwise Smile, however, In my view you should conduct a POC ( Proof of Concept ) of your automation by selecting a few cases which have good test coverage.

There is something important you have to understand about automation. This activity is to ensure that human errors are avoided, continuous execution of regression cycles, ease and feasibility of executing the test cases. Although, development of the cases may take a lot of effort initially, the Return on Investment in an automation is very high for the long duration as you can execute the same set of tests for you BAU activities as well as any new enhancements which would come up. This not only saves time it allows resources to concentrate on different other projects.

You may also try to put up your case about the validation difficulties you are facing on the forum and someone may be able to guide you or provide you with different ideas. I am sure there are people who would have already gone through what you are experiencing right now.

Remember, do not look at the short term solution with automation, the benefits of it in the long run is immeasurable and will save a lot of time and effort in testing.

Good Luck Smile
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.