Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP PErformance issues
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Hi All

I am new to this forum. I have 200 QTP test scripts which I run everynight in a regression suite.

From last one week, I see that QTP hangs after completing 50-60 scripts.
Can any one please let me know how to analyse this issue?
Is there any log which gives me details on what is going wroking in QTP?
My application for which I have written these scripts / SUT(System Under Test) is working fine and is responding also.
I see that only QTP is not responding.

Please help me and let me know :
What all steps I need to take before starting my regression? ( any cleanup activities for QTP to run smoothly)

Waiting for the replies...Your help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Prabhat
Hi,

few questions.
1. Is object created and destroyed properly in the script, its more about how script is written.
2. Are you running from remote machine or any vpn required to access the license.
3. What is your system configuration (memory,RAM and processor)

Moreover you can just remove temp files to free up memory and virtual memory.
Please see my reply below :

few questions.
1. Is object created and destroyed properly in the script, its more about how script is written.
- Yes. Its taken care.
2. Are you running from remote machine or any vpn required to access the license.
- I am running in the network mschine ( not remotely) but accessing the license from the pool (license server)
3. What is your system configuration (memory,RAM and processor)
- 3GBRAM, 3.2GHz Processor,Intel®Xenon
besides the above you have to run the batch file which will release and check the status of dlls'.
here is the path of batch file: C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\bin\QuickTestProfessional.bat

Here i have a question, are you running the scripts from QC or QTP?

Please let me know if you need any more info.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
The best which I can suggest, which I am also using is Restart your machine each time your script completes. this can be done if you open and run your test using QTP AOM.

(08-19-2009, 03:18 PM)QTPKing Wrote: besides the above you have to run the batch file which will release and check the status of dlls'.
here is the path of batch file: C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\bin\QuickTestProfessional.bat

Here i have a question, are you running the scripts from QC or QTP?
-from QTP
Please let me know if you need any more info.
Prabhat- does that mean issue is resolved? Smile (i mean your last post contains -- nothing)

You mean after completion of each test script?
Then in that case i will have to restart my system 200 times!!!

Before starting execution I am restarting the machine, cleaning the temp files and setting up the required environment for the application to run.
I am not using QTP AOM. We have Reusable Actions, Reusable Functions etc.
Do you suggest to use QTP AOM?
Yes, Exactly I meant to use QTP AOM. restart your machine after completion of each script. In this way you will not have to bother for any memory issues and your scripts will be running fine.

Saket -
This aint a good approach. In larger automation projects a restart is as good as a script execution time. Instead of this you can monitor QTP health to check for memory leaks or after say every 50 scripts invoke the AOM to Clear cookies,temporary internet files etc if IE is used.

Most of the times QTP hangs and this issue has been beaten back and forth at HP support, however there inefficiency has no bounds. They have been fighting for a solution, meantime they suggest to monitor QTP memory leaks.

Prabhat - What version of QTP do you use ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Performance Issues Using '.Exist' AndyBSG 2 3,123 12-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: AndyBSG
  QC Install issues manisun 0 10,901 08-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Last Post: manisun
  QTP Performance is very slow rajaselvan.d 0 2,658 04-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rajaselvan.d
Toungue Two dialog box issues mv8167 3 3,730 09-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Last Post: mv8167
Question Writing performance tests using QTP 9.2? pointguard888 1 2,918 02-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Last Post: basanth27