Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Takes Long time to Run
Not Solved
hi
When i hit F5 or choose Automation --> Run, QTP exactly taking 1 minute to open the Run Dialog box. However, when i turnoff my internet(broadband) connection, it takes just few seconds to open the Run window Dialog box. I tried nearly 20 times, but no improvements when i Run my script with Internet connection ON. Can anyone please suggest me?
Not Solved
How much time does IE take when you open it directly? What is the QTP version and your machine config?
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Hi Ankur,
Normally, IE takes just 5 or 6 secs to open. Am using QTP 10.0 version.
System Config: Dualcore processor,2GB RAM, 80GB HDD, Windows XP(SP2)
Not Solved
This will be a hit-and-trial. Let us know -
  • Do you have any other automated testing tool installed on the system? (LoadRunner etc)
  • Do you have any initialization script connecting to a certain URL?
  • Do you have any page set to default in IE (or the browser you are testing) (change that to blank)
  • Is F5 shortcut key assigned to some other tool as well?

Lastly check with Process explorer which processes/DLLs are opening during the time you hit F5
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
1. Do you have any other automated testing tool installed on the system? (LoadRunner etc) --> Nope, i installed only QTP 10 version.

2. Do you have any initialization script connecting to a certain URL? -> No

3. Do you have any page set to default in IE (or the browser you are testing) (change that to blank) --> Nope, its a blank page already.

4. Is F5 shortcut key assigned to some other tool as well? --> No, i'm not using any other tool while working with QTP and also i'm sure F5 is not a shortcut for any other tool installed in my system.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP not recogonising object during run time Lavanya N 2 3,479 10-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Writing to Run time data table Neetha 5 11,596 08-27-2015, 10:18 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  select an item from a very long drop down list vijayendra.shukla 0 2,613 12-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Last Post: vijayendra.shukla
Exclamation Getting run time error while executing the QTP script in command prompt. vishruth143 1 5,439 07-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  JavaDialog change every time i run my test Pkapoor 3 2,768 06-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Ankur