Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
QTP/UFT 12.02 recording question .Page vs .SAPPortal
Solved: 8 Years, 7 Months, 3 Weeks ago
We recently upgraded to QTP/UFT 12.02 and started using the new tool.
We have an SAP program that is accessed via our SAP Portal, and when I record a script I get a script that cannot be shared with the other user of the program. And if he records a script, I cannot run it.

Here is what is recorded when I am logged in:
Code:
Browser("Task Management - Enterprise").SAPPortal("Task Management - Enterprise").Frame("isolatedWorkArea").SAPEdit("Task ID:").Set "1090840"

When the other user is logged in this is what gets recorded
Code:
wser("Task Management - Enterprise").Page("Task Management - Enterprise").Frame("isolatedWorkArea").WebEdit("Task ID:").Set "1090840"

We have the QTP/UFT set to use WEB and SAP add-ins.
I have attempted to change up and use different combinations of the add-ins to see if I could find a solution to our problem. No luck so far.

We log into the same PC (Where the QTP/UFT program is installed) and we have checked to see if there were different permissions or authorizations set, but we both seem to be setup the same way.

I did make a change so that when I started recording I was seeing the Browser().Page()... in the recording, but when I got down to a table view It stopped recording the screen.

Has anyone seen a similar issue with .Page and .SAPPortal?

I have been searching this wonderful forum, and the web, for over a week now. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Hi,
I guess the pages of the portal which you are accessing must be dynamic in nature.
If the portal pages are dynamic then you will have to either:
1>modify the script before running it (check the hierarchy/properties/values with ObSpy and use them accordingly in your script) or
2>Add the changed properties in your OR.

Thanks,
Aditi..
Answer was found.

I found the solution to my problem in this thread:

https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Thread-U...ned-Object

Which says:
"Just check addon BHO in IE. It should be enabled.
Path:IE->Tools->ManageAddons: In window opened check ststus of BHO "

I checked for the add-in when I was logged in and it was "enabled"
I checked for the add-in with the other user logged in and found that it was "disabled", I enabled it and now we can share the scripts.

(I suppose I could have disabled my add-in to be compatible with the other user, but chose to have it enabled.)

Anyway, thank you for a wonderful forum!
Hello,

We are facing similar issues - UFT 12.51 with SAP 7.4. The code looks like this using UFT 12.51

Browser("SAP NetWeaver Portal").Page("SAP NetWeaver Portal").Frame("contentAreaFrame").Link("Clients").Click
Instead of SAPPortal it is identifying as page. Hence my code is failing. Also enabled BHO on IE 11. but no luck. Please help. Approached HP, they said that UFT 12.51 does not support from SAP 7.4 version.

(08-26-2015, 07:10 PM)LG.Campbell Wrote: We recently upgraded to QTP/UFT 12.02 and started using the new tool.
We have an SAP program that is accessed via our SAP Portal, and when I record a script I get a script that cannot be shared with the other user of the program. And if he records a script, I cannot run it.

Code:
Browser("Task Management - Enterprise").SAPPortal("Task Management - Enterprise").Frame("isolatedWorkArea").SAPEdit("Task ID:").Set "1090840"

Code:
wser("Task Management - Enterprise").Page("Task Management - Enterprise").Frame("isolatedWorkArea").WebEdit("Task ID:").Set "1090840"

I have attempted to change up and use different combinations of the add-ins to see if I could find a solution to our problem. No luck so far.

We log into the same PC (Where the QTP/UFT program is installed) and we have checked to see if there were different permissions or authorizations set, but we both seem to be setup the same way.

I did make a change so that when I started recording I was seeing the Browser().Page()... in the recording, but when I got down to a table view It stopped recording the screen.

I have been searching this wonderful forum, and the web, for over a week now. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
(03-10-2016, 06:35 PM)sgags Wrote: Hello,

We are facing similar issues - UFT 12.51 with SAP 7.4. The code looks like this using UFT 12.51

Browser("SAP NetWeaver Portal").Page("SAP NetWeaver Portal").Frame("contentAreaFrame").Link("Clients").Click
Instead of SAPPortal it is identifying as page. Hence my code is failing. Also enabled BHO on IE 11. but no luck. Please help. Approached HP, they said that UFT 12.51 does not support from SAP 7.4 version.

Thanks,
SG

(08-26-2015, 07:10 PM)LG.Campbell Wrote: We recently upgraded to QTP/UFT 12.02 and started using the new tool.

Code:

Code:

Please put the code between code tags

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A tricky QTP Question Prabhakar 12 9,793 10-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Last Post: krr