Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP identifying WebList as WebEdit and an Element
Not Solved
I am using QTP 11. It does not identify drop down list box as WebList but identifies it as WebEdit and WebElement.

Basically, the values in the drop down changes dynamically on every run. It does not matter which value from the down is selected everytime, but we are expected to select some value every time.

When we use Webedit, we cant use Select in the syntax... So we are forced to use SET with WebEdit and it fails.

Need help and suggestions to solve this issue? Thanks in advance.
Not Solved
what is the technology that is used in application developement?

Generally, in this case you have to first click on the WebElement/WebEdit which will change convert to WebList. Now you should be able to select your list item.

let me know if you eed any more info
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved
Hello.. Thanks for the reply.

We are using Web (HTML, CSS) being used in the website developed. I did not understand your statement "Click on the Webelement/Webedit which will change convert to WebList)? Where do I need to click on the Webelement.

It will be helpful if you could help me understand better.

Thanks
Not Solved
Share me the screenshot of the object and it's spy window
Thanks,
SUpputuri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Webtable objects recognise as weblist in UFT 12.5 Sharad Kumar 0 1,040 12-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Sharad Kumar
  Unable to select WebFile element upadhyay40 5 7,495 06-28-2016, 04:38 PM
Last Post: aakash
  QTP is not identifying table with column names property but its identifing with index Anuradha B 1 2,806 02-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Kirill
  QTP is not identifying Parent objects it self then how can we automate swapna.9n9 0 1,915 12-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Last Post: swapna.9n9
  How to populate data in weblist using excel vijifun 1 3,054 12-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Last Post: basanth27