Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
QTP not performing iterations based on local data sheet
Not Solved
Go to File->Settings->Run and select "Run on all rows" radio button. This is the default setting though.
Not Solved
hi Ravi,
this is just a query related to the global sheet.
I have given three sets of data in the global sheet for which I need the flight application to launch with the credentials and then exit and the same action should repeat for 3 times. But when I run that the script just gets executed once.
If the test runs in accordance to the number of rows in the Global Sheet then why did the test run only for 1 row?
Not Solved
It runs according to the number of active rows because the default setting is "run on all rows".
It will not run for all rows if the default setting is altered though you have other rows active.In your case, it is probably set to "run one iteration only".Please keep me posted if it is not clear yet.
Not Solved
hi Ravi,
Thanks for the reply.
I changed the settings and made it to run on all rows. then also it is not getting executed for 3 times.
do I need to change any more settings?

Thanks,
Mridul
Not Solved
Could you please click on view-->Test Flow and let me know how many actions you see there? If there is more than one action, right click on the action where your code is written --->click "Action call properties" and then select "Run on all iterations" radio button.
If this doesn't help,Please attach a screen shot showing the qtp tool with test flow panel and code
Not Solved
Instead of using the statements from recording and parameterizing them we can use descriptive programming statements
Eg :-
Code:
Browser("micclass:=Browser").Page("micclass:=Page").WebEdit("name:=username").Set DataTable("username", Action1)
Here username between double quotes is column name of the Local data sheet of the datatable
Not Solved
Code:
DataTable.ImportSheet "C:\book.xls", "Sheet name"
Not Solved
Hi Mridul,

Select Test Settings->Run->Run on all rows

Thanks,
Arun
Not Solved
Hi Mridul,

If you have already tried the above suggested "Run on all Rows" option. Please try below code . it should work.
Code:
iCounter=dataTable.getsheet("Action1").getrowcount
for i=1 to iCounter
  DataTable.setcurrentRow(i)
  RunAction "ActionName",oneIteration
next

Thanks,
Arun

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Repeat iterations Until New Value Is Seen in Column1 shayk1985 1 1,475 07-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  UFT Datatable iterations Studymode 2 3,425 12-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Studymode
  UFT 14.01 - identifying wpf objects. but not performing action. chinmoyee 1 2,336 11-15-2017, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Reading data from excel sheet serenediva 1 8,582 03-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP-Re-executing script after completion of all iterations JwalantBhatt0602 1 2,523 03-24-2016, 12:37 AM
Last Post: JwalantBhatt0602