Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP, object not visible
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
I'm trying to select Cancel or OK from a Dialog box and I'm getting "object not found." I've given both the Dialog and the WinButton "true" for the "visible" property in QTP and it still doesn't work. I used .exist(0) to see if they were there, and I got a true for each of them. What else can I check.

Thanks.
Are the properties for this dialog box dynamic? or static?
If dynamic: Use descriptive programming
If static: open OR and see if this pop-up's properties are stored
Thank you for your reply. Turns out, my issue was due to running on dual monitors. I had the property ("visible" set to true) set properly, but the script will only run when the application is opened on the same screen as QTP. This is the first time I have run into a problem running on dual monitors and it's only with the popup window giving me the error "object not visible." I hope this helps someone else, because I spent about a day tracking this one down!
Thankyou quig - I wish more people would post solutions. You saved me a day.
By descriptive way we can set property values like this... check with the Object Spy and set by copy in object spy properties and paste in your script... if you manually types, chance is there to set property wrongly. so copy and paste avoids this types of small mistakes.

for e.g:
Code:
dialog("title:=Login").Activate
If dialog("title:=Login").winEdit("attached text:=Agent Name:","visible:=True").Exist(1) then
    msgbox "it exists",3,"Status of Object"
    else
    msgbox "it doesn't exists in dialog box",3,"Status of Object"
end if
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago Big Grin 
Just make sure, on dual monitors, the application you are testing is on your main screen.
This was my problem exactly. Thanks a bunch![/u]
I have faced the same issue... There is a 'Next' button which is a same object in 4 pages(similar to installation window)....I have checked the Visible property and enable property...I have also given the Exist condition..After all this intermittantly I am getting 'Object not found' error(about once in 5 times).. Its working fine when clicking on Retry in the alert ....I was not runnig on dual monitor..
Yes, thank you, I ran into the same issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exist and Visible Are True When Objects Aren't There - Is there A Better Way? zunebuggy 3 2,694 04-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  [UFT] [WPF] DataGrid: check if vertical and horizontal scrollbars are visible robertosalemi 0 2,242 07-13-2016, 06:33 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  Intermitent "Object not visible" error erodpr 5 3,272 01-14-2016, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Object properties are not visible suresh.tata 1 2,373 02-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Last Post: supputuri
Exclamation OBJECT NOT VISIBLE ERROR bala 2 4,088 07-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Ankur