Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP recognizes web objects as win objects
Solved: 10 Years, 7 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi all,

QTP sometimes behaves strangely, it recognizes web objects as win objects. Eventhough i have launched QTP with suitable add-in, and also i launched web application after i launched QTP.Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
kalyani
Try going to Automation->Record and run settings->Web, and set QTP to record on any open browser.If it is already set then try
this
Goto internetexplorer right click ---->internet properties --->security tab ---->uncheck the enable protected mode option.

if this also doesn't help then disable UAC from control panel settings
This Problem occurs when you open your web application before opening QTP. So remember to Open QTP first and then open web application and you would never face that problem

This Problem occurs when you open your web application before opening QTP. So remember to Open QTP first and then open web application and you would never face that problem

Hi,

No parminder, even though i opened application after i launched QTP, the problem continues........

[quote='ravi.gajul' pid='18662' dateline='1320418216']
Try going to Automation->Record and run settings->Web, and set QTP to record on any open browser.If it is already set then try
this
Goto internetexplorer right click ---->internet properties --->security tab ---->uncheck the enable protected mode option.

Thanks ravi, i'll try these

(11-07-2011, 10:11 AM)kalyani0820@gmail.com Wrote: This Problem occurs when you open your web application before opening QTP. So remember to Open QTP first and then open web application and you would never face that problem

Hi,

No parminder, even though i opened application after i launched QTP, the problem continues........

[quote='ravi.gajul' pid='18662' dateline='1320418216']
this

Thanks ravi, i'll try these

I am facing the same problem. Were you able to resolve this issue?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  virtual objects do not work kawagnes 0 930 08-28-2020, 12:02 PM
Last Post: kawagnes
Smile If Then Is Always True For Web Objects zunebuggy 1 762 04-17-2020, 04:30 AM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  Unable to recognize objects in SilverLight application through QTP Guest877 1 2,460 08-03-2018, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Manisha
  UFT CAN'T IDENTIFY OBJECTS ORGIO 3 2,074 07-28-2018, 01:25 AM
Last Post: marcelodruida
  UFT unable to identify Java app objects consistently lester 1 1,763 07-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Ankur