Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
QTP to default to a path
Not Solved
Is there a way to set QTP to default to a path on a share where we keep our scripts instead of always defaulting to itself under “Program Files” on our local computer when we open a test?
Not Solved
1) go to registry editor by typing regedit on "Run"

2) Inside registry navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest

AND

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest

3) Highlight Mic Test and check out the right pane for a value named "Test Directory".

4) Right click > Modify > value data(change to your new file location). Make sure the new directory SHOULD actually exist.

5) Remember to change on both the places mentioned in pt 2.

Close registry and re-start QTP. Do a Save-As and you will find that the default location has changed.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Hi,
if i want to change for my login alone is it possible?? in my system the teminal is common for all the users,so if i change as above it will affect for all other user logins??

thanks in advance,
sp
Not Solved
I have one application used by different customers. I have to record different scripts for each customer as some of the features changes with the customer. But the basics remains the same.
I am planning to record objects in shared folder where each customer scripts can share objects.
I am planning to record scripts for each customer in different folder.
How do I change the location of folder everytime I record script. or how do I save script in different folder?
folder
objects
customer1
customer2
shared scripts
How do I find location of the objects saved?
Not Solved
I think changing the HKEY_CURRENT_USER alone will do it for current user. Do not change the HKEY_SYSTEM settings.
Not Solved
Perfect, thx!
Not Solved

Ankur you are one of the best in QTP forums.. I like to see your answers for the issues and am dam sure that, that will be the final and best ans that we get for our issues. Keep posting and keep resolving our junior guys issues..

Thanks,
Siva
Not Solved
You are Awesome man
Not Solved
Please look in to the below screenshot and help me

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Hi,
To map the results to QC, QTP must be connected to QC first.

Regards,
Sankalp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to get relative path by using testdir environment variable Sathyaprasad 1 1,768 11-30-2017, 02:21 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Path of Flight reservation Window is not recorded in HP UFT 12.52 version mailtokopalverma@gmail.com 1 2,384 04-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Default state of new action aparajita 1 2,208 08-25-2015, 12:11 AM
Last Post: aparajita
  X path Identification vasavi.vasavi 1 2,685 07-29-2015, 10:44 AM
Last Post: kbhargava505
  UFT 12.02 Launching default home page sureshbl 0 3,153 06-01-2015, 02:15 AM
Last Post: sureshbl