Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP vs CUI
Not Solved
Hi,

Can someone please give the tool evaluation parameters between QTP and Coded UI(Visual Studio) to finalize the tool. We finally want to recommend QTP so please help me with the points having highest weightage average as considering QTP as better tool.

Thanks...
Not Solved
The language for QTP is visual basic script. A nice, simple lanuage to learn but not overly powerful.
To use Coded UI, one needs Visual Studio Ultimate or Premium. The language is either C#.net or VB.net. Neither QTP/UFT or VS Ultimate are cheap.

Will your company train the testers in Visual Studio and one of the programming languages? Both C# and VB .net are much more powerful than VBscript. With Coded UI, it is much easier to test in various browsers such as Chrome or Firefox as it uses the Selenium components for Coded UI cross browser testing. Microsoft did not bother to reinvent the wheel.

In a year, I will have a much better handle on the two softwares used for testing as the company I am with is moving to Coded UI using VS 2013 Ultimate. At this moment, I favor UFT since I know it and its peculiarities.

hth,

Parke