Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about QTP tutorial -
Not Solved
Hello all,
I am a beginner in QTP and I have a question related to the tutorial provided by HP. I am using the QTP 11.0.
I have a very basic question that I am hoping someone would be able to answer for me. Thanks in advance for your help.

In the QTP tutorial, chapter entitled "Creating checkpoints and using Functions", subheading "Performing a check using a function", the tutorial says, under step
4) e) Learn the 12/29/<current year> object.
From the Object Repository Manager, select Object > Add Objects. The Object Repository Manager window is minimized, and the cursor changes to a pointing hand.
Click the text string 12/29/<current year>.
Make sure that the object WebElement: 12/29/<current year> is highlighted in the Object Selection dialog box.
Click OK. The 12/29/<current year> object is added to your repository.

My question is, why does QTP have to learn the 12/29/<current year> object?
Shouldn't it be able to recognize it from the repository which we created in chapter "Creating Object Repositories", subheading "Using Multiple Object Repositories" step 6 - Create a new shared object repository, add objects to it, and save the repository.
I am pasting Step 6 again here for your convenience.
  1. a. In the Flight Finder page, click Continue. The Select Flight page opens. You are now ready to add objects from this page.

2. b. Switch to the Object Repository Manager window and choose File > New. A blank shared object repository opens.

3. c. In the Object Repository Manager window, choose Object > Navigate and Learn. Both QuickTest and the Object Repository Manager are hidden.

4. d. Click the Select Flight page title bar to change the focus from the Navigate and Learn toolbar to the Web page you want QuickTest to learn

5. e. In the Navigate and Learn toolbar, click the Learn button. The Web page flickers and the Adding Objects message box is displayed as QuickTest begins adding representations of the objects on the Web page to a new object repository. Adding these objects takes a few seconds. Do not interact with the Web page while Navigate and Learn runs.

6. f. In the Navigate and Learn toolbar, click the Close button. The Navigate and Learn toolbar closes, and QuickTest and the Object Repository Manager window are visible again.

7. g. In the Object Repository Manager window, choose File > Save or click the Save button. The Save Shared Object Repository dialog box opens.

8. h. Browse to the Tutorial_ObjectRepositories folder and select it. In the File Name box, enter MercuryToursSelectFlight and click Save.

Thanks again.
Not Solved
*bump*
any replies would be appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP user guide and tutorial katma123 4 9,168 05-31-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: rajivjoshi
  QTP tutorial testqtpuser 5 9,351 05-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  qtp interview question raaj123 2 2,272 01-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Ankesh