Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi,

The question that I am having is that I want to execute an IF ELSE decision statement to check a value from a table that is from the application and execute necessary action. I have attached a snapshot of what I am talking about. If you see the status column, I want QTP select invoices that have their status as Open and then pay for this invoice. The problem is this table is not constant and it keeps changing and if another table is shown to QTP, QTP might pay for an invoice which has already been paid and testing error results. So I want QTP to check the list of invoices and see which is open and then pay for the invoice that is open. How do I make that happen? Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

1. Count the no of rows at run time for the displayed web table. You can get the web table from the standard checkpoint itself, just that you might need to travel the hierarchy one or two levels up.
  2. In a loop check for the "Open" status.
  3. If status is "open" then select it and perform further actions.

Next time please make sure to have a descriptive and meaningful title for your question.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Hi All,
I have faced 3 main questions faced in so many interviews with I couldn’t answer them.
It would be great if any one give clarifications for this questions.
1. How can we identify the object in dynamically?
2. I have 3 hyperlinks in my web application like Link1,link2 and link3. How can I directly execute link3?
3. I have 100 test cases in my application. How can I execute only 30 to 40 test cases?
Looking forward favorable replay from you

Vijay