Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
.SET method not working in WEBEDIT
Not Solved
Hi all,

I am not able to set values on webedit using .SET method.
My requirement is to enter a value in the webedit then based on the value entered corresponding options are displayed(not dropdown) and need to select an value from option.
I am enetring the value in webedit using send keys and selection an value in the options displayed again using send keys.
Is there any better option rathen than send keys option.
Please Help.

Thanks & Regards,
Achuth Rao
Not Solved
Just before the .Set statement Use
Code:
Setting.WebPackage("ReplayType") = 2 ' This will simulate actual Mouse and keyboard

After the .Set statement change it back to events type

Code:
Setting.WebPackage("ReplayType") = 1 ' This is the default setting (events)

If this doesn't work use FireEvent to fire the corresponding event once you have done the .Set operation.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Thanks Ankur for the reply.
I have tried with "ReplyType" settings. I am able to set the value in the editbox but i am got getting the options(like dropdown) to select the value.
For ex. if is set QTP in editbox a dropdown kind of thing appears in below editbox with values corresponding to the value set and i need to select a value from the options.
When i set the value with .set method i am not getting the dropdown but when i use send keys i an able to get the dropdown.
Is send keys option reliable?

Thanks and Regards,
Achuth Rao
Not Solved
Hii There,

I am also facing similar issue in UFt ands my requirement is also similar. Could anyone resolved the issue? please do help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set method not working for web number object Qtp_bunny 1 2,026 06-14-2018, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Unable to set the Start date for SwfCalendar control-using SetDate or Type method mahbub798 0 2,508 03-23-2014, 05:28 AM
Last Post: mahbub798
  Problem with Set method in QTP sruthi 4 6,140 06-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Last Post: basanth27