Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scheduling tests stored in QC by using Windows 7 Task Scheduler
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago Exclamation 
I am trying to use Windows 7 Task Scheduler and schedule a test. Scheduler opens but when it is trying to open a test from quality center getting saying "RPC Server unavailable".

Tests are stored in Quality Center 10.0.

Before I use to use Windows task scheduler and run the tests without any problem but then we were using workstation with Windows XP Service pack 3.

I am facing the above mentioned problem when we got upgraded to Windows 7 operating systems.

Is anybody using Windows 7 Task scheduler to schedule their tests? Please help me with this issue. Thanks a lot in advance!
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi Avanthi,

I haven't tried using win7 scheduler for scheduling the scripts, but I could not understand why you are using the windows scheduler when you have schedule option in Quality center. Is ther any specific reason?
If you still want to use the win7 scheduler or QC scheduler let me know...
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Hello

Thanks so much for the reply.

We have like 500 scripts which we need to run twice a week. And to run all these tests it will take approximately 6 hrs so we have 3 machines which we use to run tests during night.

Is their an option in QC to schedule tests at particular time. If so can u please tell me the procedure on how to schedule the tests.

Thanks a ton for ur response!!!

Avanthi.
Hi Avanthi,

Yes, you can schedule tests in the Execution grid of TestLab module in QC.
Refer the Help documentation on this, you can do it.

Hope you have installed QTP Add-ins for QC.

Note: your PC should be unlocked during the execution otherwise test scripts may fail.
Or you may need to findout some other alternatives which you can get by googling Smile

Flipping the coin here,
QC scheduler is easy to use. However my brain tickles at the fact that avanti states it was working fine earlier and after the OS was upgraded, it has ceased to work. Which ironically would mean that the OS/Scheduler has issues than the issue with scheduling. Anyone disagree? Dont bother to Smile

Well, my question would be, if you execute a single test from QC does the test execute? If yes, its got to do with scheduler which is behaving cranky. Drilling further if you schedule a test which has to start in the next 5 mins, do you get the same error?
All this sums up to a basic question, what have you tried so far to seggregate the issue?
As a info, one of the best scheduling agent i have seen so far is the controlm by BMC software... If you are intrested you must take a look at it.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add new recovery scenario to existing tests Autobot 3 3,642 03-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Last Post: workrohit08
  Scripts stops after performing a step when it has been initiated by schedule task. Ajit.2k6 9 5,562 02-16-2016, 08:37 PM
Last Post: lakshman.us
  Scheduler brucebruce 3 3,040 09-23-2015, 07:14 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  QC Test not found error or not executing remote tests zaira_p 5 9,427 08-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Last Post: mitsuy
Exclamation Issue with "Test run scheduler": Unable to clear the scheduler list arunshashidhar.mk 0 2,689 12-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Last Post: arunshashidhar.mk