Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System Utility Syntax
Not Solved
SystemUtil.Run "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE","","H:\","open"

as I know there are 4 items related to this syntax.

( FileName, Parameters, Path, Operation )

What does H stand here? Is this a local drive like C,D etc. I saw this line written in QTP , I ran through citirx its working but when I try in locally in my system its not putting the URL or opening the requied page, just opening a blank page.

Yes, even that was my first question, a new resouce could not follow quickly about H mapping. I checedk about the H drive mappling in citirx but , its not mapped to anywhere. But the URL its picking from the resouce folder (from QC) -> Enviroment XML file , where the Oracle instance URL has given. This environment values are mapped to QTP script at the beginning. so wondering why this H has been used. What could be the option to sort out. Even today looking some other blog, the same syntax they have used.
Not Solved
SystemUtil.Run "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE","","H:\","open" in this H suggest drive location instead of that use the line which i have mentioned

SystemUtil.Run "iexplore.exe", "URL of the web application"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Delete icon in System tray arpan 2 3,872 07-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Last Post: arpan
  Syntax with descriptive programming martinshort 9 10,962 05-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Last Post: martinshort
  Syntax of SystemUtil.Run vijay.gupta 6 77,393 08-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Method definition syntax clarification lavsat 0 2,860 06-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Last Post: lavsat
Exclamation How to get the system time using QTP qtplearner88 1 11,617 05-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Last Post: ssvali