Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFT WaitProperty Not working
Solved: 9 Years, 8 Months, 1 Week ago
Hello All,
This is Akila.
I would like to ask your suggestion regarding UFT issues.

We recently migrated from Win XP to Win 7. Together with Win7 migration we also migrated to UFT 11.53.
We use the RunTestSetScheduler from HP .We have nearly 300 test cases which run on a day to day basis .

Issue: In Win Xp everything worked fine but after migrating to UFT 11.53 test execution fails mostly due to synchronization issues.
i.e UFT is very fast,

Example,Please consider the scenario- > In my AUT I search for a criteria and the application brings back results with the proper hint message . In my test case I try to read the hint message and verify whether search has worked properly. i.e I verify the search message and also verify the count of records returned (Both contents I read from WebTable). IN this szenario, UFT tries to read the hint message even before it appears. (My application responds quickly but UFT is much more fast .) There are also szenarios when the Hint message appears and the object is not properly recognized. When I try adding wait statements it works . It fails at times and I increase the time in wait statement.

I tried using WaitProperty on WebTable object but it does not work.
My code -
Code:
Code:
Browser("").Page("").WebTable("name:=.*").WaitProperty "attribute/readyState","complete",2000
I also tried
Code:
Code:
Browser("").Page("").WebTable("outertext:=Hinweis.*").WaitProperty "attribute/readyState","complete",2000
(Note: "Hinweis" is the beginning of the hint text I am trying to verify).

As a result I am using wait statements in many places .
I understand that using wait statement is not a good practice.

Add ins used: Activex and Web
Browser: IE 8

I read ur page-https://www.learnqtp.com/uft-object-iden...tion-tips/

I could not disable UAC due to lack of admin access .

It will be great if you can please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Akila
Solved: 9 Years, 8 Months, 1 Week ago
Hello All,

As suggested by Ankur Jain in email, I implemented conditional statement to check if the object exists and then added wait statement.

Eg.

Code:
If(Browser("").Page("").WebTable("").Exist = false) then
wait(2)
End if

I used this along with the waitproperty and test execution is better now.

Thanks,
Akila

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IE 11 has stopped working is displayed while running UFT 12 iahmad 0 1,812 04-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: iahmad
  Waitproperty without timeout vanibandla 6 4,598 11-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Last Post: hiregoudar