Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Record Web Application
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi All,
I am unable to record web application using QTP as I have already set the gmail.com in the record and run settings. When i click the record button then it says Browser Application can't be launched.. Possibly URL is wrong.
Pls suggest me asap.
Hi,

Even I am facing the same problem. If u got to know of any solution please let me know.
Hi Sara/Manoj,

I am using qtp 9.5,IE 7, XP.
Fyi , It's working fine for me.

What is the version of QTP,IE,OS you are working now?
Hi,
I am using QTP 9.0 on vista home premium and use mozilla.
I dont think QTP 9.0 supports vista. you will need to upgrade QTP to 10.0

Hi Guys,

The easiest way to record Web Applications using QTP 11 on Windows Vista is by following the steps below.

Ensure: IE - Internet Options > security settings - Enable Security checkbox is TICKED

[b]Ensure: Particular URL is allowed on Privacy Tab - Sites - under IE > Internet Options

[b]Ensure: If Using VISTA, Launch QTP latest Vxx: Run as Administrator prior to launch of IE

[b]Ensure: If Using VISTA, Launch IE latest Vxx: Run as Administrator after to launch of QTP Latest version

[b]Ensure: Web Add-in is only ticked if recording Web Applications

Hope this works for you guys

Thanks
MSB
@ manoj12345 what is the URL in ur Test ?
Hi Guys,

U can check these 2 options in the IE browser.

-> IE browser > Tools> Internet Options > Security tab> Uncheck the "Enable Protected Mode" check box

-> IE browser > Tools> Internet Options > Disable the " Enable Tabbed Browsing " checkbox.

So that Qtp will generate the code when u test with the Gmail application.
Hi, this is azar,

I had a problem while recording a web application in Qtp, After i click Record button, Recorded Scripts are not displayed in the Expert view and also RUN and STOP buttons are disabled, Anyone plz help me to give me the solution for fixing this problem...

Thanks ,
Azar

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 14.53 not able to record steps of web application rupesh doshi 3 2,549 10-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Last Post: rupesh doshi
  Unable to recognize objects in SilverLight application through QTP Guest877 1 2,508 08-03-2018, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Manisha
  How to identify SVG elements from web application Sanjana1987 0 1,800 02-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sanjana1987
  Not able to set value in application web edit box tanuj dewangan 4 3,471 07-29-2016, 03:58 PM
Last Post: harshadevadas
  How to validate mandatory filed (*) in web application using balak89 1 3,959 09-13-2015, 12:54 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992