Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Unlock computer using Taskshecduler(QTP)
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi
I need vbs code for unlock the computer. I am using the Task scheduler for execute Qtp script at particular time. But qtp does not launch particular time unless pc is unlock. ?

Thanks
Badhurudeen S
Hi,

We can lock a computer using the code but I hope unlocking a pc is not possible.

Note: Would like to bring to your kind notice that QTP may not replay consistently on a locked machine.
Since following problems may occur in doing so:
1. The test or component run session may fail
2. steps that contain keyboard or focus operations may fail

Hence we should make sure that the computer on which the application is being tested is not logged off or locked.
Suggest to schedule scripts in a secure Lab environment for better results in long run.
I am unsure if at all there exists a programming language/code/software/hackware/script or anything which would aid windows to unlock the computer which in simple terms is a breach of security.

It is possible to keep your computer unlocked..a topic discussed several times here...but i am just probably thinkin if this is what you wanted ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi,
Simplest way is to disable screensaver on the test PC that you want to schedule a test run. Simple Registry change would enable you to enable/disable a screensaver that would in turn NOT lock the test PC.

Thanks
MV
which computer do you like to play?
I LIKE THE IPAD
I suggest you stop using IPad to post meaningless replies causing unprecendent waste of time.
May this sound a warning to you that such miserable behaviour is least tolerated.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to execute a UFT script when computer is in locked state akilamurugesh 4 12,536 08-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Last Post: akilamurugesh
  Execute the QTp scripts when i lock my computer balreddy 4 21,505 10-19-2012, 04:45 AM
Last Post: sujoysen1