Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the mechanism of a QTP Addin??
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hey friends,

Just to get knowledge, wanted to know what is the mechanism of a QTP Add-in and how it works?

If you can help with an example or give me the URL of the Knowledge source it will be really helpful

Also if possible drop me the information on my personal e-mail ID which is axe.barve@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards,
Akshay Barve.
hi,

There are many advantages of adding the provided QTP Add in.
First of all addins can be chosen when the QTP starts through Add in manager dialog box. As soon as you add a specific addins, all its buildin functions gets available in the Build in functions list.

So whenever you create a step using Step generator, all the build in functions of the selected Add-in's are reflected in the step generator.

They can also be assessed in Object Identification box.

Add-in is an additional plug-in which can used for supporting the different application environments.

QuickTest add-ins help us to create and run tests and components on applications of development environments. After you load an add-in, you can record and run tests or components on applications in the corresponding development environment, similar to the way you do with any other application.

You can install QuickTest add-ins when you install QuickTest Professional, or you can install the add-ins at a later time by running the installation again in Modify mode.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to know UFT Qt-Addin Version suresh bona 1 2,445 08-17-2016, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Need Stingray addin for .net application QTpier 1 3,779 06-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  qtp 11 not supporting activex addin excellentpawan 0 1,755 02-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan
  .Net AddIn Issue malar 0 1,623 01-31-2014, 09:59 AM
Last Post: malar
  Terminal emulator addin for QTP 11 karthik venkatraman 3 7,715 12-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Last Post: udayanem