Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Write Status of each row in DataTable
Solved: 10 Years, 7 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi, I'm new to QTP and using QTP11.

I'm processing a thousand records and every time a row is processed I need to put a "Passed" or "Run Time Error" next to each current row in the Action1 Sheet of the DataTable. I already have this code(see below) which use the Reporter and is also writing to the DataTable, but instead of writing next to each Row is creating a New Column every time a record is processed.

I'll really appreciate your advice and give me some example of what I need.

Code:
If Browser("QNXT - Benefit Plan Module").Window("About QNXT -- Webpage").Page("About QNXT").Frame("Frame").WebButton("Cancel").Exist Then
    Reporter.ReportEvent micPass, "Record Verification", "Record has been saved"
    DataTable.GlobalSheet.AddParameter "A", "Passed"
Else
    Reporter.ReportEvent micWarning, "Record Verification", "Record not Completed"
    DataTable.GlobalSheet.AddParameter "A", "Run Time Error"
End If
Hope you are executing ur code in for loop. The below code always write in Global sheet

Code:
For i = 1 to 3

If  Browser("QNXT - Benefit Plan Module").Window("About QNXT -- Webpage").Page("About QNXT").Frame("Frame").WebButton("Cancel").Exist Then
    DataTable.SetCurrentRow(i)
    DataTable("Result") = "Passed"
Else
    DataTable("Result") = "Run Time Error"
End If

Next
Excelent! It works! Thanks a lot.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to close/restart UFT in "Not responding" status with AOM script CharlieMadrid 0 1,038 05-21-2020, 08:46 PM
Last Post: CharlieMadrid
  Searching for and selecting row in Datawindow zsl0009 0 2,652 08-04-2015, 01:02 AM
Last Post: zsl0009
Question Is Reporter ignoring the status of steps? dlaureano 3 3,381 06-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Jay
  data sheet row count rushil 2 7,377 12-07-2012, 03:10 AM
Last Post: rushil
  How to recognize table row and column siwani 4 4,784 04-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Last Post: verma.vik6