Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Write to DataTable
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
I am fairly new to coding in QTP. I am using a 3270 Terminal Emulator. I would like to copy a defined value on my screen to a datatable that I've imported to run iterations. What code can I put into my Expert View that will allow me to copy a field from the screen to the table?
Thanks.
Hi,

get the value fromapplication in any variable using getroproperty, say variable is vb_text. Use the below code to write to data table
Code:
DataTable.Value(ColumnName,datasheetname)=vb_text

Regards,
Sankalp
Thanks Sankalp. I got a getroproperty statement in my code and the datatable.value statement. the process runs fine and I know the write to the table works when I put the vb_text in quotes, it writes vb_text. However, I can't make the code work to capture the value in the vb_text field. here is the line of code I'm using for getroproperty. if you can please help me assign it to the vb_text value, I'd really appreciate it:

Code:
TeWindow("Window").TeScreen("screen2").GetROProperty("Special Code")
Thanks
Hi9,

GetROProperty captures the property of the object at run time, make sure that "Special code" is a property of the object u r trying to find out and use
Code:
vb_text=TeWindow("Window").TeScreen("screen2").GetROProperty("Special Code")

Regards,
Sankalp
Hi,

I have quite a similar question.
I am using the following code

Code:
numb="123 456 545"
words=split(numb, " ")
For i=lbound(words) to ubound(words)
msgbox(words(i))
  Datatable.Value("Data", dtGlobalSheet)=words(i)
next

Problem is value is saved one by one in A1 cell, so when i run the program the values changes one by one in cell A1 and at the end I just get the last value.

I want to save all the values like
cell A1 123
cell A2 456
etc.

Looking for responses Smile
Hi,

Use Datatable .setCurrent row(i) inside the loop.

Regards,
Sankalp
Hi Thanks for your response,

I am using the following code

Code:
words=split(numb, " ")
For i=lbound(words) to ubound(words)
msgbox(words(i))
Datatable.SetCurrentRow(i)
  Datatable.Value("Data", dtGlobalSheet)=words(i)
  next

Its now setting the values in datatable as long as test is running but when i stop the test it removes all the values at the end of the test
Hi,

It will remove the values from data table as test run stops because these values are stored for the run time, if u want tostore these values then save them in seperate .xls file using Excel object and if u want to only view thw output generated then refer to the results _Run time data table.

Regards,
Sankalp
I can understand now, but I have seen that it is not storing the 1st value, it skips the 1st one and print from the 2nd to last.
Hi,

Problem might be related to for loop, debug your code , u can find it out easily.

Regards,
Sankalp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Datatable add and datatable import sheet wheelercha 4 33,346 06-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Arul