Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dtLocalSheet empty even though excel file contains data
Not Solved
Hello everybody, this is my first post

I am trying to work with DataTables. 
My main goal is to set up ALM so that I can point to a resource for my test, so that the test would use that resource (excel file). As I understand, I need to code my tests to use excel resource, and in ALM for the master test I have created a test configuration that overrides test data resources (so I did that). Now what I need is to make my tests correctly use excel resource file

My test set up is 
MasterTest with added ExternalActions: Action1, Action2, Action3 (which are reusable) and several more actions that do not use any parameters
I would like those reusable actions (1,2,3) to use a defined excel file (the mentioned resource)

What I have done so far:
*Master test is configured to use my excel file (File->Settings->Resources->
*Tests are completed, and they are coded to use LocalSheets
*Excel file is created and it contains sheets named Action1, Action2, Action3
*Tried adding another sheet with MasterTest's name, but that turned out weird (in run time, excel file had all the sheets' names from MasterTest [which were empty - that includes Action1, Action2, Action3] plus the 3 sheets created by me with data - so Action1, Action2, Action3 were duplicated

The problem:
In run time, each action has dtLocalSheet empty, even though the names of excel sheets correspond to action names. What should I do, so dtLocalSheets get populated with correct data?
Thanks

UFT I am using is 12.52
Not Solved
The problem was that UFT changes names of actions, when those actions (reusable actions) are used from other actions (master tests).
In particular, my Action1 was not really named Action1 anymore, when I included it in maMasterTest. Instead, it's name was Action1 [Reusable Actions].
So what I had to do was to rename excel sheets in that manner.

Which caused more problems, because excel sheets' names have a limit of 31 characters. But that's another story
Not Solved
(05-10-2017, 06:04 AM)cantorre Wrote: The problem was that UFT changes names of actions, when those actions (reusable actions) are used from other actions (master tests).
In particular, my Action1 was not really named Action1 anymore, when I included it in maMasterTest. Instead, it's name was Action1 [Reusable Actions].
So what I had to do was to rename excel sheets in that manner.

Which caused more problems, because excel sheets' names have a limit of 31 characters. But that's another story

You may just name your Excel sheet as 'Action1' only and append  '[Reusable Actions]' at run time to it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to export the output value of a webedit object to a new excel file. mounika6677 1 1,313 04-14-2019, 05:18 PM
Last Post: mounika6677
  Access not saved excel file randhirsinghskhn 0 919 09-04-2018, 07:26 AM
Last Post: randhirsinghskhn
  Want to read the data from excel and set read value in the JavaTable rajeevk7 0 2,154 07-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Last Post: rajeevk7
  Reading data from excel sheet serenediva 1 8,732 03-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Grab multiple line data from log file haziqwebs 0 1,690 10-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Last Post: haziqwebs