Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
error with msdn's description of overwrite value of CreateTextFile ??
Not Solved
Hi,

I see that on MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...s.60).aspx for CreateTextFile Method
It is written that The overwrite Property is False by Default,

overwrite: (Optional) Boolean value that indicates whether you can overwrite an existing file. The value is True if the file
can be overwritten, False if it can't be overwritten. If omitted, existing files are not overwritten (default False).

The Property by default should be True, I tried it without specifying anything and the text file is getting replaced. Please Verify at your end and let me know what is correct??
Not Solved
I agree, it looks like a documentation error on MSDN. The file does get overwritten. Default seems to be true.

W3Schools quote overwritten default as True. There are conflicting views on the web as well. The below statement from MSDN is also untrue if i had not to specify True or FALSE.

If the overwrite argument is False, or is not provided, for a filename that already exists, an error occurs.

An error does not occur if the argument is not provided.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Property values in Description objet throw Excel Sheet devarapallliramana 3 2,862 03-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Description about Types of Ordinal Identifier abhijit.airforce 1 2,359 12-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  WebElementobject's description matches more than one of the objects sumanth 5 3,560 10-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Sathiya
Sad Empty Server description SAP GUI 7.20 with QTP11 sylvester618 2 4,546 09-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  object's description matches more than one sia sharma 9 14,956 10-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Last Post: sia sharma